Posted to rec.woodworking

Default shavings.net - for sale/lease.

Greetings and salutations to Neanderthals and Normites alike.

I have come to find that my domain www.shavings.net is down.
Apparently my host/provider has gone "ten toes up" or has been bought
out, or whatever.. I am very sad to see this happen as I lost 10 years
of personal documents, pictures, etc., that were stored on the server.

There is NOTHING I can do about it for at least several months, as I
am _very_ far removed from being in a position to transition to a new
provider and rebuild the site both physically and financially. (Just
say, "recalled to active duty", etc. )

I have come to the hard decision that I will have to let the domain
go.

Though I have received a considerable offer from some sleazy purveyors
of people selling pictures and videos of themselves shaving their own
and other peoples naughty-bits… I would like it to stay in the realm
of the woodworkers however possible.

To that end I am potting this out:

If you are interested acquiring in this domain and keeping it
woodworking related, please contact with a REASONABLE offer, at:

JGNTRMN(at)GMAIL(dot)COM

Also do not expect an immediate response, as my internet connection is
spotty, when I have it at all.

--
Very Respectfully,
John Gunterman

Webmaster of the now defunct www.shavings.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:59:10 -0700 (PDT), The Sand Squid
wrote:

(Just
say, "recalled to active duty", etc. )

Just a quick best wishes for a safe return.

Barry (CT NEMBA & woodworking)

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **
Posted to rec.woodworking

Try this link to the Internet Archive Wayback Machine. Maybe it has some of
the stuff you lost.
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.shavings.net

Larry H

"The Sand Squid" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

The Sand Squid wrote,on my timestamp of 12/06/2008 4:59 AM:

snippage
Also do not expect an immediate response, as my internet connection is
spotty, when I have it at all.

--
Very Respectfully,
John Gunterman

Webmaster of the now defunct www.shavings.net

Good to hear from you at last, old friend!
Sorry to hear about the active duty stuff
and the less shining finances. Hopefully
it'll improve.

Suggestion: might be worth poking this
in the oldtools list? I'm sure there will
be some takers. Want me to pass it on?

Cheers from Down Under
Nuno Souto
(of the Vegemite fame)

question about lease and renting [email protected] Home Ownership 7 October 31st 06 08:05 PM
shavings jamesleroy Woodturning 11 January 4th 05 08:39 PM
my first shavings... Silvan Woodworking 7 September 24th 03 12:54 PM