Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Thanks for Tapered Bit Advice

I'm not sure who posted the advice (I think it was Leon) about Tapered Bits
for drilling pilot holes. I bought a set from Woodcraft (sorry no gloat paid
full price) and used them yesterday on a tool stand I'm making. They worked
very well, drilling the pilot hole and the countersink in one shot sure is
nice. Plus I was able to use my compact ion driver, even with 1-3/4" #8
woodscrews. So thanks to whomever made the original post.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"asmurff" wrote in message
I'm not sure who posted the advice (I think it was Leon) about Tapered
Bits for drilling pilot holes. I bought a set from Woodcraft (sorry no
gloat paid full price) and used them yesterday on a tool stand I'm making.
They worked very well, drilling the pilot hole and the countersink in one
shot sure is nice. Plus I was able to use my compact ion driver, even with
1-3/4" #8 woodscrews. So thanks to whomever made the original post.

What are these "Ion" drivers of which you speak, a new style fastener? LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

"asmurff" wrote in message
I'm not sure who posted the advice (I think it was Leon) about Tapered
Bits for drilling pilot holes. I bought a set from Woodcraft (sorry no
gloat paid full price) and used them yesterday on a tool stand I'm
making. They worked very well, drilling the pilot hole and the
countersink in one shot sure is nice. Plus I was able to use my compact
ion driver, even with 1-3/4" #8 woodscrews. So thanks to whomever made
the original post.

What are these "Ion" drivers of which you speak, a new style fastener?
LOL

It is a nano version version of the engine that drives the starship
Enterprise.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 10, 12:30*pm, "Lee Michaels" wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

"asmurff" wrote in message
I'm not sure who posted the advice (I think it was Leon) about Tapered
Bits for drilling pilot holes. I bought a set from Woodcraft (sorry no
gloat paid full price) and used them yesterday on a tool stand I'm
making. They worked very well, drilling the pilot hole and the
countersink in one shot sure is nice. Plus I was able to use my compact
ion driver, even with 1-3/4" #8 woodscrews. So thanks to whomever made
the original post.

What are these "Ion" drivers of which you speak, a new style fastener?
LOL

It is a nano version version of the engine that drives the starship
Enterprise.

I think 'ion' is street-lingo for Lithium Ion ...
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message

"asmurff" wrote in message
I'm not sure who posted the advice (I think it was Leon) about
Tapered Bits for drilling pilot holes. I bought a set from
Woodcraft (sorry no gloat paid full price) and used them yesterday
on a tool stand I'm making. They worked very well, drilling the
pilot hole and the countersink in one shot sure is nice. Plus I was
able to use my compact ion driver, even with 1-3/4" #8 woodscrews.
So thanks to whomever made the original post.

What are these "Ion" drivers of which you speak, a new style
fastener? LOL

It is a nano version version of the engine that drives the starship
Enterprise.

Nah, it's the propulsion system used by the Eymorg in
the epiosode "Spock's Brain". Don't ask me why I
remembered that, 'cause I don't know.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Okay ya busted me I own a Skil Lithium Ion compact driver, wasn't sure how
to spell lithium so I left it off. I usually don't use it for that type of
job, I doubt it would have driven the screws without the tapered bit.

--
"Leon" wrote in message

"asmurff" wrote in message
I'm not sure who posted the advice (I think it was Leon) about Tapered
Bits for drilling pilot holes. I bought a set from Woodcraft (sorry no
gloat paid full price) and used them yesterday on a tool stand I'm
making. They worked very well, drilling the pilot hole and the
countersink in one shot sure is nice. Plus I was able to use my compact
ion driver, even with 1-3/4" #8 woodscrews. So thanks to whomever made
the original post.

What are these "Ion" drivers of which you speak, a new style fastener?
LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 10, 12:39 pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Jun 10, 12:30 pm, "Lee Michaels" wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message

.. .

"asmurff" wrote in message
I'm not sure who posted the advice (I think it was Leon) about Tapered
Bits for drilling pilot holes. I bought a set from Woodcraft (sorry no
gloat paid full price) and used them yesterday on a tool stand I'm
making. They worked very well, drilling the pilot hole and the
countersink in one shot sure is nice. Plus I was able to use my compact
ion driver, even with 1-3/4" #8 woodscrews. So thanks to whomever made
the original post.

What are these "Ion" drivers of which you speak, a new style fastener?
LOL

It is a nano version version of the engine that drives the starship
Enterprise.

I think 'ion' is street-lingo for Lithium Ion ...

I think he omitted the R from iron. I think he's driving the screws in
with some sort of a golf club.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"asmurff" wrote in message

I'm not sure who posted the advice (I think it was Leon) about Tapered

Bits
for drilling pilot holes. I bought a set from Woodcraft (sorry no gloat

paid

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,180,42240
Are you talking about something like these or something different?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 10, 11:40*am, "Greg Neill" wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
.. .

"asmurff" wrote in message
I'm not sure who posted the advice (I think it was Leon) about
Tapered Bits for drilling pilot holes. I bought a set from
Woodcraft (sorry no gloat paid full price) and used them yesterday
on a tool stand I'm making. They worked very well, drilling the
pilot hole and the countersink in one shot sure is nice. Plus I was
able to use my compact ion driver, even with 1-3/4" #8 woodscrews.
So thanks to whomever made the original post.

What are these "Ion" drivers of which you speak, a new style
fastener? LOL

It is a nano version version of the engine that drives the starship
Enterprise.

Nah, it's the propulsion system used by the Eymorg in
the epiosode "Spock's Brain". *Don't ask me why I
remembered that, 'cause I don't know.- Hide quoted text -

"Brain and brain and what is brain?!!!!!!!"

Heaven help me, I still remember the dialog of that episode...