Kenneth

Default Marples *Yellow Split Proof Handle* Chisels

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 18:59:10 -0500, John Soto
wrote:

Anyone know of a good online retailer carrying the Marples Yellow
Split Proof Chisels ?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...hisel%22+split

should help...

--
Kenneth

FOW

Buy the Marples blue chips instead.
"John Soto" wrote in message
Anyone know of a good online retailer carrying the Marples Yellow
Split Proof Chisels ?

Cape Cod Bob

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 02:56:07 GMT, "FOW" wrote:

Buy the Marples blue chips instead.
"John Soto" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone know of a good online retailer carrying the Marples Yellow
Split Proof Chisels ?

Why do you say that? According to Marples, they use t he same steel
on both the blue wood and yellow plastic handles, and the latter are
non-breakable.

Silvan

Cape Cod Bob wrote:

Why do you say that? According to Marples, they use t he same steel
on both the blue wood and yellow plastic handles, and the latter are
non-breakable.

Blue chips don't have wood handles. It's some kind of slightly rubbery
plastic stuff that's supposed to be virtually indestructible.

I've beaten the hell out of mine. I think they say they will withstand "a
few blows with a hammer or unlimited blows with a mallet."

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Silvan

FOW wrote:

Mine too !Sharpen them hollow grind then you don't need a hammer to beat
the hell out of them.

I chiseled out some 2.5" deep 3" square mortises in red oak. I bored out
most of it, but there was a lot to clean up, and I had to use a mallet.
(Not a hammer.)

I usually just use hand pressure though, and they're plenty sharp.