Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Waxalit and Spax

After reading the glowing reports on waxalit for glueups, and spax
screws for fastening, I've decided they both have a place in my next
project.
Unfortunately, I have no local supplier, and no one sells them both
online. Have to order one from one supplier, and the other from a second.

I hate paying two shipping/handling fees for small orders like this.
Adds 50% to the cost of the items.

Just venting.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Woodie" wrote in message
After reading the glowing reports on waxalit for glueups, and spax screws
for fastening, I've decided they both have a place in my next project.
Unfortunately, I have no local supplier, and no one sells them both
online. Have to order one from one supplier, and the other from a second.

I hate paying two shipping/handling fees for small orders like this. Adds
50% to the cost of the items.

Just venting.

So you order some sandpaper, glue, hinges, or whatever at the same time.
Good time to get another couple of clamps.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Woodie" wrote in message
After reading the glowing reports on waxalit for glueups, and spax screws
for fastening, I've decided they both have a place in my next project.
Unfortunately, I have no local supplier, and no one sells them both
online. Have to order one from one supplier, and the other from a second.

I hate paying two shipping/handling fees for small orders like this. Adds
50% to the cost of the items.

Just venting.

So you order some sandpaper, glue, hinges, or whatever at the same time.
Good time to get another couple of clamps.

Can't order clamps now... Not with the new besseys about to come out!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Woodie wrote:
After reading the glowing reports on waxalit for glueups, and spax
screws for fastening, I've decided they both have a place in my next
project.
Unfortunately, I have no local supplier, and no one sells them both
online. Have to order one from one supplier, and the other from a second.

They're both available from Lee Valley Tools.

Chris

Posted to rec.woodworking

Woodie wrote:
Chris Friesen wrote:
Woodie wrote:
After reading the glowing reports on waxalit for glueups, and spax
screws for fastening, I've decided they both have a place in my next
project.
Unfortunately, I have no local supplier, and no one sells them both
online. Have to order one from one supplier, and the other from a
second.

They're both available from Lee Valley Tools.

Chris

SWEET! Thanks.

try home depot for spax
Posted to rec.woodworking

william kossack wrote:
Woodie wrote:
Chris Friesen wrote:
Woodie wrote:
After reading the glowing reports on waxalit for glueups, and spax
screws for fastening, I've decided they both have a place in my next
project.
Unfortunately, I have no local supplier, and no one sells them both
online. Have to order one from one supplier, and the other from a
second.

They're both available from Lee Valley Tools.

Chris

SWEET! Thanks.

try home depot for spax

Thanks, I'll check. Normally I do Lowes, but they're only a block apart.
Posted to rec.woodworking

william kossack wrote:
Woodie wrote:
Chris Friesen wrote:
Woodie wrote:
After reading the glowing reports on waxalit for glueups, and spax
screws for fastening, I've decided they both have a place in my next
project.
Unfortunately, I have no local supplier, and no one sells them both
online. Have to order one from one supplier, and the other from a
second.

They're both available from Lee Valley Tools.

Chris

SWEET! Thanks.

try home depot for spax

Thanks for that pointer William. They had a small selection, including
just what I needed.