Posted to rec.woodworking

Default If Everyone Who Posted Here Had To Actually Have Done A WoodDorking Project Within The Last 30 Days - There Wouldn't Be Any OT Political Posts

Well, it might cut it down some, anyways.

Regards,

Tom

Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Tom Watson wrote:
Well, it might cut it down some, anyways.

Do the corral fences/gates count? If not, I'm out for this spring...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson:
Well, it might cut it down some, anyways.

I'm not a regular here any more. It's not the OT stuff (life tends to
be OT); it was smug replies from a small group of self-styled "experts"
that drove me away, and the repetitious questions.

So, when I have a question about woodworking (or some fix-it-up project
that is not too far afield), I pop in, post it, thanks for the answers,
and I'm gone for probably another year.

It has been two hours since I did any work with wood; I'm doing some
upgrades to this building
http://www.davidillig.com/observatory15.shtml (carpentry, to be
sure).

24 hours ago it was raining hard, so I was focused on building some
mahogany shelves for use inside referenced building (more traditional
for this forum).

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 19:09:39 -0400, Tom Watson
wrote:

Well, it might cut it down some, anyways.

House repairs come first. replacing triple tracks.

Scraping, Sanding, washing with TSP and bleach, then the priming, then
the paint with anti-mildew stuff. Bit of caulk and hang the new ones 4
down 3 half done 8 more to go and add in a new window in the master
bath (vinyl slider with PVC trim).

Nope minimal wooddorking going on here.

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Well, it might cut it down some, anyways.

House repairs come first. replacing triple tracks.

Scraping, Sanding, washing with TSP and bleach, then the priming, then
the paint with anti-mildew stuff. Bit of caulk and hang the new ones 4
down 3 half done 8 more to go and add in a new window in the master
bath (vinyl slider with PVC trim).

Nope minimal wooddorking going on here.

Mark

I just put up 4 levels of scaffolding in order to change a couple of
windows and build a batch of new shutters.
I think I'll go for board and batten. Cedar and then soak them in
straight Penetrol. Do some painting with a proper airless. Just had a
new roof put on a month ago.
Then I'm taking a jack-hammer to the front steps and starting over.
Probably composites.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote:

Well, it might cut it down some, anyways.

I put together a new bench today, does that count?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Were going green! Save The Forests.... Replacing woodworking with
wordworking... Just change 1 letter and look at the trees that'll survive.

Not that I'm for saving trees, but I am for waste reduction... and from the
looks of some here, powertools and pens should not be within there grasp!

So better the OT then many "new" projects that make it in the trash bin.

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
Well, it might cut it down some, anyways.

Regards,

Tom

Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 6, 9:09 am, Tom Watson wrote:
Well, it might cut it down some, anyways.

****ing down as always, as soon as I break
out the painting gear...
but I still won't post political ot crap!
Posted to rec.woodworking

I cut up and shipped 350 lbs of black ash burls to turners last week.
broke down burls into small blocks for knife handles and shipped to
germany the week before, shipped a load of veneer logs to Tiawan last
sat. took lumber out of the kiln hauled it to the millwork and had it
made into flooring for my brother on tues. don't know if thats all
woodworking but it is working with wood
ross

Posted to rec.woodworking
hex hex is offline

On Jun 5, 6:15 pm, dpb wrote:
Tom Watson wrote:
Well, it might cut it down some, anyways.

Do the corral fences/gates count? If not, I'm out for this spring...

--

I would think building fences and gates count. Gates especially count
if there is joinery above

The question for me is: does finishing out the
woodshop interior count as meta-woodworking or woodworking?

Also, does adding wood to the stash count if all I've done with it is
hit a few square inches with a block plane?

Can you count planting a few hundred trees as very long range project
planning?

hex
-30-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote:
Well, it might cut it down some, anyways.

Regards,

Tom

Does hardwood flooring count? Well, actually it's bamboo, so I guess
that's grassworking...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 19:09:39 -0400, Tom Watson wrote:

Well, it might cut it down some, anyways.

On alt.hackers (I know, but I can have several hobbies, can't I? ;-) you
used to need an obligatory hack (ObHack) on every post.

Didn't there used to be an ObWW on here too?

ObWW: Before coming in to type this I was sat at the pine/tiled table I
made to fit in the corner of the garden... Nothing special but it does
the job beautifully. And being pine and in the UK it will rot away in a
few years time giving me an excuse to make something else to go there...