Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Should I use polyurethane over bolid linseed oil?

I finished oak desk with two coats of boiled linseed oil. Should I
protect it with polyurethane?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 27, 8:11*am, Sasha wrote:
I finished oak desk with two coats of boiled linseed oil. Should I
protect it with polyurethane?

I would apply a couple of coats of polyurethane or at least a few
coats of shellac.....

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 27, 9:26 am, randyswoodshoop wrote:
On Apr 27, 8:11 am, Sasha wrote:

I finished oak desk with two coats of boiled linseed oil. Should I
protect it with polyurethane?

I would apply a couple of coats of polyurethane or at least a few
coats of shellac.....

Yes I would think that for a desk you would want a good hard
smooth surface. Water-based polyurethane can be applied
over de-waxed shellac. I"ve used orange (amber) shellac to
warm up the color of oak and then applied water-based
poyurethane with a pad.

--

FF

Linseed Oil informer[_2_] UK diy 5 September 19th 07 10:09 PM
Linseed Oil [email protected] Woodworking 2 January 4th 07 07:15 PM
Linseed oil question toller Woodworking 14 November 7th 04 11:44 PM
Tung vs. linseed Mzone719 Home Repair 0 November 6th 03 09:02 PM
Tung vs. linseed Mzone719 Home Repair 1 November 5th 03 03:09 PM