Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is there anything that can be done to eliminate the idiots that postto this site that arent wood working related.

Is there a way to start a group that we could have some control over
so these posteds could be banned.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Howard wrote:
Is there a way to start a group that we could have some control over
so these posteds could be banned.

Sure - start one:

1) Get/buy/rent the necessary computer facilities and network bandwidth.
2) Setup the mailing list manager
3) Administer it for each and every excruciating admin request for
hundreds or even thousands of users.
4) Listen to people beef that it isn't perfect enough to suit them

Having BTDT myself, I decided life was too short to waste on doing
nice things for other people who don't appreciate it anyway.

P.S. Off topic posts are the norm for most usenet groups. Most of
us who do such posting (or in my case reply to them) are pretty
good about marking a post as "OT" - learn to use a filter to
get rid of such messages if they offend you so much.

On behalf of "the idiots" everywhere, I remain,
Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 19, 8:39*pm, Howard wrote:
Is there a way to start a group that we could have some control over
so these posteds could be banned.

You could start a Google Group or you could start filtering.
For example, let's say that you filtered out Robatoy in April of 2004.
By now you
would have been spared nearly 1,000 (one thousand) off topic posts and
to off topic posts. It's not too late. Get that filter going.