Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Something new

On Apr 18, 5:55 pm, Fred the Red Shirt
wrote:
On Apr 18, 8:45 am, "Axel Grease" wrote:

I mostly lurk, but I have learned much from this NG.

It would be an awful shame to let it go to the SPAM trash without a fight.
I really do not understand why more is not being done by all levels to fight
the SPAMMERs. All they do is destroy.
They need to be destroyed... or at least put out of buisness. Same goes for
the countries that host or harbor them.

Which countries do think host or harbor spammers?

Now check out the top ten he

http://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/countries.lasso

The number 1 spam supporting country is, to my knowledge, the
only country that has passed legislation specifically to protect
spammers from prosecution.

--

What legislation? Virginia recently sent one to jail. I'm no longer in
favor of jail terms for spammers. Fine 'em the total amount of

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 19, 8:02 am, Charlie Self wrote:
On Apr 18, 5:55 pm, Fred the Red Shirt

Now check out the top ten he

http://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/countries.lasso

The number 1 spam supporting country is, to my knowledge, the
only country that has passed legislation specifically to protect
spammers from prosecution.

--

What legislation? Virginia recently sent one to jail. I'm no longer in
favor of jail terms for spammers. Fine 'em the total amount of
everything they own, and then execute the *******s.

The (they) CAN SPAM (you) act of 2003.

Spammers who are prosecuted under state laws are
prosecuted for other crimes incidental to the spamming,
typically some variation on fraud or theft of service from
an ISP, but never for spamming per se. Many COULD
be prosecuted by the Feds because they stupidly fail to
comply with the provisions in the Federal law.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 19, 2:05 pm, Fred the Red Shirt
wrote:
[...]

I wonder if anyone, anywhere, has ever done a study on the
effectiveness of spam. I know it must be cheap, but is it at all
effective? You'd think that anyone in the world with even minimal
brain wave activity wouldn't respond, particularly since the odds are
probably even or better that it's some other kind of SOB loading up to
lay a virus or other fun program on the responder.