Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Something new

Now, only two posts show up, both spam, with a list of new posts down
the side. When I click on one of those, I get an "all posts have
expired or been deleted."

A little less point to this every day, at least with Google.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I mostly lurk, but I have learned much from this NG.

It would be an awful shame to let it go to the SPAM trash without a fight.
I really do not understand why more is not being done by all levels to fight
the SPAMMERs. All they do is destroy.
They need to be destroyed... or at least put out of buisness. Same goes for
the countries that host or harbor them.

Axel

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Now, only two posts show up, both spam, with a list of new posts down
the side. When I click on one of those, I get an "all posts have
expired or been deleted."

A little less point to this every day, at least with Google.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Charlie Self wrote:
Now, only two posts show up, both spam, with a list of new posts down
the side. When I click on one of those, I get an "all posts have
expired or been deleted."

A little less point to this every day, at least with Google.

When my cable internet connection dropped usenet, I used Usenet
Monster (cost about $3 a month) for several months with good results.
Then was able to get high speed through BellSouth and they offer
usenet so dropped the stupid cable.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Mashed potatoes can be your friend.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Now, only two posts show up, both spam, with a list of new posts down
the side. When I click on one of those, I get an "all posts have
expired or been deleted."

A little less point to this every day, at least with Google.

Charlie I think that while this crap is going on a lot of us are not posting
as much. When this crap dies down, and it will as it always has, I think
the more relevant posting will pick up again. I have not been seeing many
new posts lately either.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:00:22 -0400, "Charley"
wrote:

"Axel Grease" wrote in message
news:COKdnXKA24SdBZXVnZ2dnUVZ_oimnZ2d@choiceoneco mmunications...
I mostly lurk, but I have learned much from this NG.

It would be an awful shame to let it go to the SPAM trash without a fight.
I really do not understand why more is not being done by all levels to

fight
the SPAMMERs. All they do is destroy.
They need to be destroyed... or at least put out of buisness. Same goes

for
the countries that host or harbor them.

Axel

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Now, only two posts show up, both spam, with a list of new posts down
the side. When I click on one of those, I get an "all posts have
expired or been deleted."

A little less point to this every day, at least with Google.

Since most have been coming from Google Mail I have been forwarding them to
, but without success. Maybe if others would
complain also.

Google will do nothing, usenet peers of google will do nothing. But if
it were to affect Googles bottom line they might do something.
Unfortunate but it is the ads on Googles sites that make them money
that they care about not how much garbage they spew out of they're
ports. Nor do they care if they violate copyrights.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 18, 9:59 am, "Leon" wrote:
"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Now, only two posts show up, both spam, with a list of new posts down
the side. When I click on one of those, I get an "all posts have
expired or been deleted."

A little less point to this every day, at least with Google.

Charlie I think that while this crap is going on a lot of us are not posting
as much. When this crap dies down, and it will as it always has, I think
the more relevant posting will pick up again. I have not been seeing many
new posts lately either.

Leon, I'm sure you're right, but the Google header shows 212,xxx
posts, 10 per page, with only two up. Now, it's showing 10.

I'm halfway convinced it's the idiots running my satellite set-up,
anyway. I get 404 errors on about every fourth page change, in most
programs.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 18, 9:59 am, "Leon" wrote:
"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Leon, I'm sure you're right, but the Google header shows 212,xxx
posts, 10 per page, with only two up. Now, it's showing 10.

I'm halfway convinced it's the idiots running my satellite set-up,
anyway. I get 404 errors on about every fourth page change, in most
programs.

I forgot about you having satellite service, you have my sympathy on the
matter. It's a shame that you cannot simply access directly with OE and not
have to go through a 3rd party.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charlie Self" wrote:

Leon, I'm sure you're right, but the Google header shows 212,xxx
posts, 10 per page, with only two up. Now, it's showing 10.

I'm halfway convinced it's the idiots running my satellite set-up,
anyway. I get 404 errors on about every fourth page change, in most
programs.

SFWIW, until recently, had Earthlink.net on dail-up, using O/E for
newsgroups and T/B for mail.

E/L does a pretty good job filtering out the crap.

Lew