Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fire

As this is being written, 9:30PM PDST, a very large cabinet shop is on
fire here in Los Angeles.

Understand KCAL9.com is streaming coverage of the fire live.

After all this clears away, wonder if they will be able to continue
the business.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
As this is being written, 9:30PM PDST, a very large cabinet shop is on
fire here in Los Angeles.

Understand KCAL9.com is streaming coverage of the fire live.

After all this clears away, wonder if they will be able to continue the
business.

Lew

That decision will be based on their insurance coverage, most likely. When
our complex burned last July, 65 businesses were shut down. I know of about
10 that have recovered and re-opened. For those of you reading this that
own a business, consider business interruption insurance if you don't have
it. In our case, we had no fire damage, but if we were not properly insured
and profitable we'd not be here either.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

That decision will be based on their insurance coverage, most
likely. When our complex burned last July, 65 businesses were shut
down. I know of about 10 that have recovered and re-opened. For
those of you reading this that own a business, consider business
interruption insurance if you don't have it. In our case, we had no
fire damage, but if we were not properly insured and profitable we'd
not be here either.

The building was an old warehouse, approx 20K sq ft.

Here in L/A, these small shops are tucked away in all kinds of spaces,
show up and disappear on a moment's notice.

I suspect the only reason they were in this building was that it was
in the "low rent district". so to speak.

At the least, there was no report of lost life.

Lew