Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ax men

History Channel has a series on Oregon loggers... kind of interesting and
certainly gives you an idea of just how dangerous the job is!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 16, 10:35 pm, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:
History Channel has a series on Oregon loggers... kind of interesting and
certainly gives you an idea of just how dangerous the job is!

The owner with the prostheses operating a chainsaw gives me pause. It
is an interesting show and does a good job of showing the different
companies personalities.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 16, 11:10 pm, RicodJour wrote:

The owner with the prostheses operating a chainsaw gives me pause. It
is an interesting show and does a good job of showing the different
companies personalities.

I really appreciate that as well. It kinda hits home as so many of my
amigos are small contractors like myself. Every company has a
distinct personality, stamped on by its owner.

I think the business and managerial tactics on site are much more
interesting than just plain logging.

I think it is a much more realistic and less dramatized series than
the crab show (Dangerous Catch?).

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 16, 8:35 pm, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:
History Channel has a series on Oregon loggers... kind of interesting and
certainly gives you an idea of just how dangerous the job is!

Ah, and here I thought you were talking about my brother's band,
"Freddie and the Axemen."

Carry on.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"RicodJour" wrote in message
| On Apr 16, 10:35 pm, "John Grossbohlin"
| wrote:
| History Channel has a series on Oregon loggers... kind of interesting
and
| certainly gives you an idea of just how dangerous the job is!
|
| The owner with the prostheses operating a chainsaw gives me pause. It
| is an interesting show and does a good job of showing the different
| companies personalities.

A woman from my office went to my club's woodworking show and commented to
me on how many guys there were missing digits... guess I don't notice stuff
like that any more as it is too common. ;~)

John
....all digits attached.