Charlie Self

Default Best Medium Format under $1000

Michael Hadac states:

If you want to try MF photography for cheap do the following: Search eBay
for Flexaret camera (III, IV, VI, VII). These are about $40.00 cameras with
an excellent reputation!!! I use mine (Flexaret IV is best) for about 20
years and it will do what Mamiya will do as well.

Dunno what this is doing in a woodworking forum, but I just bought a Yashica
Mat 124G 120/220 roll film camera from ebay. It's in great shape, with almost
no wear, and I paid under $100 (barely) including shipping.

I used one of these back in the '70s, and got some fine photos. And it has a
meter, though you do have to find a Wein 1.35 volt battery for it as there are
no more mercury batteries (suggestion: do NOT buy the batteries off ebay, as
they're about 1/4 the price of the Buy Now at reputable U.S. camera dealers).

Charlie Self

"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. "
Ronald Reagan

Mark

Charlie Self wrote:

Dunno what this is doing in a woodworking forum, but I just bought a Yashica
Mat 124G 120/220 roll film camera from ebay. It's in great shape, with almost
no wear, and I paid under $100 (barely) including shipping.

One of these?

http://yashicamat.webpark.pl/Yashica...a-Mat-124g.jpg

I hope you got spools with it, last few I had sold for about $10 a pop
on eBay. But then those spools were still sealed in foil.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)

Charlie Self

Mark sends a photo:

One of these?

http://yashicamat.webpark.pl/Yashica...a-Mat-124g.jpg

I hope you got spools with it, last few I had sold for about $10 a pop
on eBay. But then those spools were still sealed in foil.

Got one spool, which is all it needs. After that, you get a spool with every
roll. Anyone who pays 10 bucks a pop for spools would do better checking
somewhere for outdated film. Buy all you need for 2-3 bucks a roll, strip one
roll off, and use the spool.