Posted to rec.woodworking

Default MDF

Anyone know of stores that carry MDF in colors? I've seen them in pics but
can't find any locally. I'm in Indiana near Kentucky & Illinois.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SGM" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone know of stores that carry MDF in colors? I've seen them in pics
but can't find any locally. I'm in Indiana near Kentucky & Illinois.

Thanks for any help.

IIRC I saw some at the NEW local Woodcraft. Not all stores stock the same
products. Check their web site.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have a packagae of samples that was sent to me after AWFS by one of
the colored MDF mfr's. I had the same question for them at the show
and the answer is always that everyone is carrying it. I have still
never seen it actually available. I think it is really cool stuff.
I'll pull the samples tonight and find some contact info so we can
ping thme to see who their distributors are.

Where are you located?

On Mar 6, 9:20*am, "Leon" wrote:
"SGM" wrote in message

. ..

Anyone know of stores that carry MDF in colors? *I've seen them in pics
but can't find any locally. *I'm in Indiana near Kentucky & Illinois.

Thanks for any help.

IIRC I saw some at the NEW local Woodcraft. *Not all stores stock the same
products. *Check their web site.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 6, 1:49*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message

I have a packagae of samples that was sent to me after AWFS by one of
the colored MDF mfr's. I had the same question for them at the show
and the answer is always that everyone is carrying it. I have still
never seen it actually available. I think it is really cool stuff.
I'll pull the samples tonight and find some contact info so we can
ping thme to see who their distributors are.

Where are you located?

SW Houston

Hey, I was in Houston for the last few days. Weather got pretty nice
on Wednesday. That is one big frickin' city. Have you made it out to
the Rodeo?

These are the guys you want http://www.greatlakesmdf.com I don't see
anything about distributors on their site but the contact us page has
the direct contacts for the CEO on down. I suppose they can tell you
how to get it in Houston. This is really some beautiful stuff in nice
vibrant colors. It really does look as nice as some of their photos on
the site.

The other guys I have on file are www.interlam-design.com. They have a
product called Velchromat. It is colored MDF, not sure why they don't
call it that. They have some cool examples of grooved panels carved
out by a CNC and their colors are more of muted earth tones. If the
website tells you anything, the other guys will be bettter to deal
with. This website has a blank About page but does have working
invoice page and disclaimer page. Again, couldn't find info about
dealers. You'll have to call.