Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Stimulus money

Courtesy of my 93 year old cousin, she is still a spitfire.

Enjoy
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This morning President Bush said each one of us would get $300.00.

It was $800.00 but they dropped it to $300.00
tax rebate.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.

If we spend it on gasoline it will all go to the Arabs, and neither
will help the American economy.

The way I see it, we need to keep that money here in America, so the
only way I can see to keep that money here at home is drink beer or
spend it on prostitution, those are the only businesses still in the
U.S.

+++++++++++++
Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 4, 11:42 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

The way I see it, we need to keep that money here in America, so the
only way I can see to keep that money here at home is drink beer or
spend it on prostitution, those are the only businesses still in the
U.S.

Lew, you could multiply the use of that money easily by a factor of
two. If you sent me your money, I would appreciate it every bit of
$300 worth right off the bat.

Then in the same spirit, I would be glad to shoulder the
responsibility of spending it EXACTLY as you suggested.

Your friend,

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 07:36:30 -0500, "J. Clarke"

On Mar 4, 11:42 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

The way I see it, we need to keep that money here in America, so
the
only way I can see to keep that money here at home is drink beer
or
spend it on prostitution, those are the only businesses still in
the
U.S.

Lew, you could multiply the use of that money easily by a factor of
two. If you sent me your money, I would appreciate it every bit of
$300 worth right off the bat.

Then in the same spirit, I would be glad to shoulder the
responsibility of spending it EXACTLY as you suggested.

"drink beer". Hmph. Drink Jack Daniels, made in Lynchburg, Tennessee
since 1875.

--

On the way from Tupelo to McMinville to conduct due diligence on
Powermatic, (got to at least try to keep this on topic), stopped in

Frank
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On the way from Tupelo to McMinville to conduct due diligence on
Powermatic, (got to at least try to keep this on topic), stopped in
Lynchburg and took the tour of Jack Daniels. If you've never done it
and get the chance you should. It is a hoot and very interesting.

Frank

And the aroma in those warehouses scattered about in those hills is
wonderful.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 5, 12:42*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Courtesy of my 93 year old cousin, she is still a spitfire.

Enjoy
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This morning President Bush said each one of us would get $300.00.

It was $800.00 but they *dropped it to $300.00
tax rebate.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to *China.

If we spend it on gasoline it will all go to the Arabs, and neither
will help the American economy.

The way I see it, we need to keep that money here in America, so the
only way I can see to keep *that money here at home is drink beer or
spend it on prostitution, those are the only businesses *still in the
U.S.

+++++++++++++
Lew

When somebody's mortgage goes from $ 400 to $ 1000 per month, and he's
already behind by 3 months... that $ 300.00 will set him free.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 5, 12:42 am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

The way I see it, we need to keep that money here in America, so the
only way I can see to keep that money here at home i... or
spend it on prostitution, those are the only businesses still in the
U.S.

E.g. donate to a political campaign.

--

FF
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 5, 9:15 am, Robatoy wrote:

When somebody's mortgage goes from $ 400 to $ 1000 per month, and he's
already behind by 3 months... that $ 300.00 will set him free.

Wow... what buzzkill. I was thinking suds and strange. It was 25
years ago at nickel beer night ....

Then *poof*.

Sigh.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message ...
On Mar 5, 12:42 am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

The way I see it, we need to keep that money here in America, so the
only way I can see to keep that money here at home i... or
spend it on prostitution, those are the only businesses still in the
U.S.

E.g. donate to a political campaign.

--

FF

Seems that being a congressperson or a senator is the only legal form of prostitution left.

P D Q
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

When somebody's mortgage goes from $ 400 to $ 1000 per month, and he's
already behind by 3 months... that $ 300.00 will set him free.

Clark Howard, a consumer-oriented radio guy I like to listen to in the
shop, calls the Stimulus Package "The Politician Protection Act of
2008!" G

http://clarkhoward.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Frank Boettcher wrote:

[...]

Agree with that. Was on a business trip and stuck over the weekend a few
years ago, we went over to Lynchburg. Very interesting tour. It's
restrained me from kicking safes when they don't open.