Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Jointer problems?

Hi:
I had purchased a 8" king jointer.
Now I'm not 100 % sure why I'm having problems in getting a flat
surface when ever I face joint or edge joint some wood.
I do believe that the knies have been set properly the in feed/ out
feed tables are a bit out of level, ( using a torpedo level) but that
might be because the floor may not be level.
What seems to be happening is that I'm getting a
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

wrote in message
Hi:
I had purchased a 8" king jointer.
Now I'm not 100 % sure why I'm having problems in getting a flat
surface when ever I face joint or edge joint some wood.
I do believe that the knies have been set properly the in feed/ out
feed tables are a bit out of level, ( using a torpedo level) but that
might be because the floor may not be level.
What seems to be happening is that I'm getting a

Level does not matter *at all*. What matters is that the tables are
coplaner. To measure this, you need a good straightedge and feeler gauges.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

"joe" wrote in message
. net...

| wrote in message
| Hi:
| I had purchased a 8" king jointer.
| Now I'm not 100 % sure why I'm having problems in getting a flat
| surface when ever I face joint or edge joint some wood.
| I do believe that the knies have been set properly the in feed/ out
| feed tables are a bit out of level, ( using a torpedo level) but that
| might be because the floor may not be level.
| What seems to be happening is that I'm getting a
|
| Level does not matter *at all*. What matters is that the tables are
| coplaner. To measure this, you need a good straightedge and feeler
gauges.

A Starrett 4' level would allow you to do both... if they made such a thing
and a second mortgage were available. ;~)

John

jointer problems mark Woodworking 7 February 24th 06 10:05 PM
Problems with Jet Cabinet Saw and Jointer Rick Perry Woodworking 5 October 14th 05 12:45 PM
8" jointer or a combo jointer/planer machine? [email protected] Woodworking 1 March 13th 05 05:31 AM
Newer Ridgid jointer or older Craftsman jointer RobW Woodworking 5 November 5th 04 04:47 PM
Extending a hallway, problems, problems... Christian McArdle UK diy 1 October 15th 04 05:40 PM