Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default INSPIRATION?? - Designer Canes

http://canelady.net/

Personally I do NOT find them attractive at all.

JOAT
10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker

I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

Posted to rec.woodworking
RLM RLM is offline

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:17:50 -0500, J T wrote:

http://canelady.net/

Personally I do NOT find them attractive at all.

JOAT
10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker

I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

I enjoy the hand carved canes with wood spirits or gnomes along with some
that are braided and dried.

http://woodspiritcarver.netfirms.com/walking_sticks.htm
http://www.randymacintyre.com/main.html
http://www.carvedwalkingsticks.com/walkingsticks.htm

I knew a guy that worked in a slaughter house that made these and dried
them in his barn loft. Sold them for some respectful bucks to some of the
most unlikely clients as a statis symbol or some other reason that I fail
to understand. Everyone to their own style I guess. Watch for line wrap.

http://www.fashionablecanes.com/Bull...FQT3lgodCmS_fw

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Mon, Feb 25, 2008, 6:42pm (RLM) wroteth:
I enjoy the hand carved canes with wood spirits or gnomes snip

That's one reason why I figure on keeping the canes I'm working on
now square. Very easy to transfer a design to a flat surface, then use
an X-acto knife to cut it out. Long ago I ad a binocular case covered
with figures I'd put on using a single edge razor blade, then outlined
with ink. I figure at least one of the canes is gonna get at least one
wood spirit on it.