Posted to rec.woodworking

Default WE are losing it. WOOPS

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 4:17 pm, Robatoy wrote:
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. apologized to a Muslim woman who said she was
mocked because of her face veil.

"Please don't stick me up," a cashier told the shopper on Feb. 2,
according to The Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Wal-Mart apologized Monday in a letter signed by Rolando Rodriquez, a
vice president and regional general manager. It was released Tuesday
by the council's Nevada chapter.

"I can assure you that the associate in question was disciplined in
accordance with our employment policies as a result of the situation,"
Rodriguez said without disclosing details.

Rodriguez said employees at the Riverdale store would undergo
"sensitivity training," specifically in the Islamic faith and Muslim
culture.

At Wal-Mart headquarters in Bentonville, Ark., spokesman Phillip Keene
confirmed the letter and declined further comment.

"We applaud Wal-Mart for taking appropriate action to resolve this
incident," said Yasser Moten, executive director of the council's
Nevada chapter. The group doesn't have an office in Utah.

WOOPS...

With any luck the criminal element won't pick up on this alternative to the
obvious ski mask.

My bank has a "please remove your helmet" sign for the benefit of
snowmobilers.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

My bank has a "please remove your helmet" sign for the benefit of
snowmobilers.

Mine bank's a little more direct. They just instruct you to leave your
weapons at the door.

Seems to be working.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe" wrote in message
. net...

My bank has a "please remove your helmet" sign for the benefit of
snowmobilers.

Mine bank's a little more direct. They just instruct you to leave your
weapons at the door.

Seems to be working.

Better still, be even more direct. Don't enter if you intend to rob this
bank or kill people. I am guessing that this would be a logical suggestion
by those that feel a mask is not a threat. I mean if you forgot to take off
your vest full of explosives or feel that there is no problem with bringing
your gun into the bank and have absolutely no intention of using either
while in the bank, what's all the fuss about? ;~)
Now on the other hand, if those people came to the bank and slipped a note
under the door indicating that they wanted to steal money or to blow people
up, they absolutely should not come into the bank.
There is a simple solution for every thing.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe" wrote in message
. net...

Mine bank's a little more direct. They just instruct you to leave
your weapons at the door.

Massachusetts law prohibits leaving guns unattended in cars
or anywhere else except locked up at home. A few years
ago I went to pick up an antique shotgun and then go to the
bank. Rather than either violate the law or scare the hell out
of the bank patrons I changed my route and went to the bank
first.

Gary

Posted to rec.woodworking

snippage
ago I went to pick up an antique shotgun and then go to the
bank. Rather than either violate the law or scare the hell out
of the bank patrons I changed my route and went to the bank
first.

Gary

When I was a kid I took a double barrel blackpowder 12 gauge to show and
tell... no fooling
Tom