Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My Japanese spoon plane

Wouldn't clear the shavings from the throat no matter what I did. I haven't
modified the throat and I didn't want to do that. I had the iron and the
wedge out of the plane and for some reason, I don't know why, I applied
paraffin to every thing, the iron, the throat, and the body of the plane. I
re-assembled the plane and tried it. The shavings flew out of the plane and
they were the translucent, light shavings that I was looking for.
I thought I would share this with you in case some body else has similar
problems. :-)

SPOON J T Woodworking 0 April 23rd 07 05:38 AM
SPOON J T Woodworking 0 February 17th 07 09:23 PM
The 20$ Woodcraft spoon plane [email protected] Woodworking 6 January 24th 07 12:01 AM
Japanese plane: photographic misadventures Ben Bullock Woodworking 19 December 22nd 06 01:53 AM
Re Japanese plane photographic misadventures srazor Woodworking 0 December 15th 06 09:58 PM