Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Howard

Default Cheap tools??

Found a general-merchandise site with some tools that look like a pretty good
deal, but I don't recognize the brands -- and some of the brands aren't mentioned
at all. I would be interested to know if any of you woodworkers might recognize
any of these, and share your opinions...

1) 2 gal. air compressor. No brand name given. $52 http://www.suzyqshop.com/product.asp?0=51&1=53&3=2826
Is 2 gal/4cfm enough for anything useful?

2) Air Brad Nailer by American Tool Group. $26. Don't recognize "American
Tool Group".
http://www.suzyqshop.com/product.asp?0=51&1=53&3=2823
Also, they had an air hose for $8 (good price or not?)

3) Benchtop drill press. No brand name given. $40
http://www.suzyqshop.com/product.asp?0=51&1=52&3=1900
I could definitely use a drill press. I hestitate to plunk down $40 for something
from an unknown manufacturer that might be junk, but I'm still tempted, because
the local borg's similar-sized DP is about twice the price.

That's about it for their tool selection. They had some hand tools (screwdriver
sets, drill bits) pretty cheap, but I don't need any cheap screwdrivers just
now, and I have seen forstner bits cheaper elsewhere. The site is mainly
oriented towards toys, jewelry, and knives.

--
Howard