Posted to rec.woodworking
Lou Lou is offline

Default 4x10 plywood?

Anyone know where I can get 4x10 or 5x10 1/4" plywood
in northern Illinois or southern Wisconson?
Lou
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:39:46 -0800 (PST), Lou
wrote:

Anyone know where I can get 4x10 or 5x10 1/4" plywood
in northern Illinois or southern Wisconson?
Lou

I'm not anywhere near you, but I've always been able to special order
it at better lumber yards. Regular C/D, A/B, marine- grade, even
aircraft-grade is usually available.

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lou" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can get 4x10 or 5x10 1/4" plywood
in northern Illinois or southern Wisconson?
Lou

Are we talking regular construction-grades stuff of cabinet making? My
price sheet from Owl Hardwood shows 3/4" 4x10 maple, birch, cherry, and oak
ply. But it looks like you'd better have a good reason to get it. It's
50-100% more than 4x8. The most northern store in Illinois is in Des
Plaines. You can get their number from www.owlhardwood.com. For southern
Wisconsin, give a call to Kettle Moraine Hardwoods in Hartford. I've
stopped in there a couple of times on my way to/from Milwaukee. They're at
www.kmhardwoods.com.

OTOH, if you just need construction grade (and for the record, I can't
personally say it exists because I've never looked), then I'd call up the
nearest honest-to-goodness lumber yard and ask.

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 31, 1:39 am, Lou wrote:
Anyone know where I can get 4x10 or 5x10 1/4" plywood
in northern Illinois or southern Wisconson?
Lou

Places that cater to canoe, kayak, and boat builders
often carry it--at least in Marine grade.

--

FF
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 30, 11:25*pm, Fred the Red Shirt
wrote:
On Jan 31, 1:39 am, Lou wrote:

Anyone know where I can get 4x10 or 5x10 1/4" plywood
in northern Illinois or southern Wisconson?
* * * * * * Lou

Places that cater to canoe, kayak, and boat builders
often carry it--at least in Marine grade.

--

FF

Does Kettle Moraine Hardwoods carry ply? I have never noticed it, but
then again, when I walk in, all I can do is drool over the book
matched pieces at the end of each row. Then I start shopping and I
never get past the maple, walnut, cherry and the cut offs bins.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lou Lou is offline

wrote:

On Jan 31, 1:39 am, Lou wrote:

Anyone know where I can get 4x10 or 5x10 1/4" plywood
in northern Illinois or southern Wisconson?
Lou

Places that cater to canoe, kayak, and boat builders
often carry it--at least in Marine grade.

--

FF

Does Kettle Moraine Hardwoods carry ply? I have never noticed it, but
then again, when I walk in, all I can do is drool over the book
matched pieces at the end of each row. Then I start shopping and I
never get past the maple, walnut, cherry and the cut offs bins.

Thanks guys, I'm quite familiar with Owl Hardwood, but the price for 2
extra feet on plywood was
and extra $80. But Kettle Moraine came through with the cost being
about 40 percent more than a
normal 4x8 sheet.
Lou
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Jan 31, 1:39 am, Lou wrote:

Anyone know where I can get 4x10 or 5x10 1/4"plywood
in northern Illinois or southern Wisconson?
Lou

Places that cater to canoe, kayak, and boat builders
often carry it--at least inMarinegrade.

--

FF

Does Kettle Moraine Hardwoods carry ply? I have never noticed it, but
then again, when I walk in, all I can do is drool over the book
matched pieces at the end of each row. Then I start shopping and I
never get past the maple, walnut, cherry and the cut offs bins.

Try World Panel Products Inc, Albion MI
www.worldpanel.com
517-630-0500