Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Home bar

Does anyone have links to pictures to home bars and can anyone tell me
the height of a bar and the inside counter height of the bar ( the
work area ) Thanks in advance. If your interested in some of my
projects go to www.howardboehm.com any feedback appreciated.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:26:49 -0800 (PST), sdppm
wrote:

Does anyone have links to pictures to home bars and can anyone tell me
the height of a bar and the inside counter height of the bar ( the
work area ) Thanks in advance. If your interested in some of my
projects go to www.howardboehm.com any feedback appreciated.

Normally we build the raised portion at 42" finished height and the
works area the same as kitchen cabinets at 36".

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 28, 11:15*pm, Mike O. wrote:

Normally we build the raised portion at 42" finished height and the
works area the same as kitchen cabinets at 36".

Correct.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Does anyone have links to pictures to home bars and can anyone tell me
the height of a bar and the inside counter height of the bar ( the
work area ) Thanks in advance. If your interested in some of my
projects go towww.howardboehm.com*any feedback appreciated.

Normally we build the raised portion at 42" finished height and the
works area the same as kitchen cabinets at 36".

Mike O.

Thanks thats a big help.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 28, 8:26*pm, sdppm wrote:
Does anyone have links to pictures to home bars and can anyone tell me
the height of a bar and the inside counter height of the bar ( the
work area ) Thanks in advance. If your interested in some of my
projects go towww.howardboehm.com*any feedback appreciated.

Howard the Media Niche looks great. How did you finish it? It looks
like it was made of poplar
and I have never had much luck staining poplar.
For some reason I couldn't bring up the bar.

Ted

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 29, 2:17*pm, Bigpole wrote:
On Jan 28, 8:26*pm, sdppm wrote:

Does anyone have links to pictures to home bars and can anyone tell me
the height of a bar and the inside counter height of the bar ( the
work area ) Thanks in advance. If your interested in some of my
projects go towww.howardboehm.com*any feedback appreciated.

Howard the Media Niche looks great. How did you finish it? It looks
like it was made of poplar
and I have never had much luck staining poplar.
For some reason I couldn't bring up the bar.

Ted

The bar isn't done yet but the progress should go up in about a week.
It is poplar. I use an acetone based spray stain. works wonderfully on
poplar. All the projects you see on the website are poplar.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:48:32 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

Normally we build the raised portion at 42" finished height and the
works area the same as kitchen cabinets at 36".

Correct.

We've been doing some reception desks lately and the raised portion
all seem to be drawn at 48". I guess it must be more difficult for
the bad guy to get over that last 6".

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Normally we build the raised portion at 42" finished height and the
works area the same as kitchen cabinets at 36".

Correct.

We've been doing some reception desks lately and the raised portion
all seem to be drawn at 48". * I guess it must be more difficult for
the bad guy to get over that last 6".

Mike O.

I have built some reception and bank-teller counters at 48" for many
years.
If a bar was 48", and a nice frosty glass of Grolsch draft was
standing on top of it, I'd find a way to get it down.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have no idea of how tall my bar top is off the floor. I realized I
want it to my comfort (as it's my bar) so I put my elbow at a level I
liked..... and my bar is that high. I'm 6'4" so some smaller people
squawk!