John Thompson

Default porter cable 557 rebate?

The most recent monthly flyer from woodcraft has the PC 557 plate joiner
at their regular price, minus a $30 rebate from PC, and "free" 1000
biscuits. This gave me an excuse to finally get one. The guy couldn't
find a rebate form, and suggested I check the website. I did that,
couldn't find anything, send PC an email with no response (two weeks
ago), and now I'm going to go back to the store and talk with them.
Anyone else have any problems with this rebate? is it a big typo on
woodcrafts part, or is it a WC rebate?

Oh, and its a the type 3 model. I made sure of that.

John

RKON

John:

My Favorite Tool Shop has it online. I am actually going to pick one up with
their other offer. See on the website.

http://coastaltool.com/a/port/30_rebate.pdf

Rich
"John Thompson" wrote in message
The most recent monthly flyer from woodcraft has the PC 557 plate joiner
at their regular price, minus a $30 rebate from PC, and "free" 1000
biscuits. This gave me an excuse to finally get one. The guy couldn't
find a rebate form, and suggested I check the website. I did that,
couldn't find anything, send PC an email with no response (two weeks
ago), and now I'm going to go back to the store and talk with them.
Anyone else have any problems with this rebate? is it a big typo on
woodcrafts part, or is it a WC rebate?

Oh, and its a the type 3 model. I made sure of that.

John

David Binkowski

Do you think if I take my Type 2 PC over to the Delta/PC store a
few miles west of here they will modify or replace it ?

So I installed it on Linux...
"John Thompson" wrote in message
The most recent monthly flyer from woodcraft has the PC 557 plate joiner
at their regular price, minus a $30 rebate from PC, and "free" 1000
biscuits. This gave me an excuse to finally get one. The guy couldn't
find a rebate form, and suggested I check the website. I did that,
couldn't find anything, send PC an email with no response (two weeks
ago), and now I'm going to go back to the store and talk with them.
Anyone else have any problems with this rebate? is it a big typo on
woodcrafts part, or is it a WC rebate?

Oh, and its a the type 3 model. I made sure of that.

John

Mike Reed

I bought one from Tools-Plus.com, which had a $20 rebate on PC stuff
in a certain price range in Septeber. They neglected to send me the
rebate form, even though I mentioned it in my order. I called, and
they mailed me one, but pretty late. I called PC to see if they would
accept it late, and they said they would.

I'm still waiting on the rebate...

-Mike

John Thompson wrote in message ...
The most recent monthly flyer from woodcraft has the PC 557 plate joiner
at their regular price, minus a $30 rebate from PC, and "free" 1000
biscuits. This gave me an excuse to finally get one. The guy couldn't
find a rebate form, and suggested I check the website. I did that,
couldn't find anything, send PC an email with no response (two weeks
ago), and now I'm going to go back to the store and talk with them.
Anyone else have any problems with this rebate? is it a big typo on
woodcrafts part, or is it a WC rebate?

Oh, and its a the type 3 model. I made sure of that.

John

Mike Reed

No. The type 2 isn't defective, it's just that the type 3 is better. I
wonder if Toyota would modify or replace my 4Runner with an '04 now
that the new style is out...

-Mike

"David Binkowski" wrote in message gy.com...
Do you think if I take my Type 2 PC over to the Delta/PC store a
few miles west of here they will modify or replace it ?

So I installed it on Linux...
"John Thompson" wrote in message
The most recent monthly flyer from woodcraft has the PC 557 plate joiner
at their regular price, minus a $30 rebate from PC, and "free" 1000
biscuits. This gave me an excuse to finally get one. The guy couldn't
find a rebate form, and suggested I check the website. I did that,
couldn't find anything, send PC an email with no response (two weeks
ago), and now I'm going to go back to the store and talk with them.
Anyone else have any problems with this rebate? is it a big typo on
woodcrafts part, or is it a WC rebate?

Oh, and its a the type 3 model. I made sure of that.

John

Bay Area Dave

Making sure it was a Lamello or a Makita would have been even better!
(I have a 557 BTW...)

dav

John Thompson wrote:
snip
Oh, and its a the type 3 model. I made sure of that.

John

Your name

Try this link. http://www.portercable.com/index.asp?e=564&p=300497 I
found it by typing in "rebates" in the search box and scrolling down to
the 557.

Michael

John Thompson wrote in news:3FAC15FB.60204
@charterforhire.net: