Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Powermatic T slot

I recently built an outfeed table for my Powermatic 2000. The mitre
gauge has t slot runners. Any ideas on how to cut t slots in the
outfeed table? I have looked for a router built the size of the t
slots but to no avail.

Thanks for any info.

Jim
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jim Brown said:

I recently built an outfeed table for my Powermatic 2000. The mitre
gauge has t slot runners. Any ideas on how to cut t slots in the
outfeed table? I have looked for a router built the size of the t
slots but to no avail.

Thanks for any info.

I believe most people don't bother with actually cutting T-slots into
the outfeed table. A dado deep and wide enough to accommodate the
runner and T-washer is adequate. At least for me...

FWIW,

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jim Brown" wrote in message
I recently built an outfeed table for my Powermatic 2000. The mitre
gauge has t slot runners. Any ideas on how to cut t slots in the
outfeed table? I have looked for a router built the size of the t
slots but to no avail.

Thanks for any info.

Jim

Like Greg said, also there is no need for that T washer and it's function
once the miter gauge is no longer hanging over the front of the TS top.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 12, 7:34 pm, Jim Brown wrote:
I recently built an outfeed table for my Powermatic 2000. The mitre
gauge has t slot runners. Any ideas on how to cut t slots in the
outfeed table? I have looked for a router built the size of the t
slots but to no avail.

Thanks for any info.

Jim

I built mine with a 3-piece top, with panels spaced 1-1/2" apart to
create two full length slots, with no routing needed. Easy to make,
and I can run longer sleds. Every other extension table I've ever
seen
has stopped slots. That seems limiting.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Hello Jim,
I'm also echoing Greg, Leon, and the Father. Open up your slots to
allow any dust to exit from the saw table slots. No need for t-
slotting them.

Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 16:34:42 -0800, Jim Brown
wrote:

I recently built an outfeed table for my Powermatic 2000. The mitre
gauge has t slot runners. Any ideas on how to cut t slots in the
outfeed table? I have looked for a router built the size of the t
slots but to no avail.

Thanks for any info.

I ditch the washers, making the runners square. I'd rather be able to
drop an implement into the track than deal with the washers..
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Jim Brown" wrote in message
I recently built an outfeed table for my Powermatic 2000. The mitre
gauge has t slot runners. Any ideas on how to cut t slots in the
outfeed table? I have looked for a router built the size of the t
slots but to no avail.

Thanks for any info.

Jim

unanananimous. Make the slots oversized dados, not tees. outfeed table
slots have no guiding function. You don't want your mitre gauge (or sled)
to bind in them.

jc