Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: OLd Farts

Old but still funny.
+++++++++++++++++++++

Don't mess with the older generation!!

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE.

George Phillips of Meridian, Mississippi was going up to bed when his wife
told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could
see from the bedroom window.

George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there
were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked 'Is someone in your house?' and he said
'no'.
Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply
lock his door and an officer would be along when available.

George said, 'Okay,' hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again.

'Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people
stealing things from my shed

Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them.'
Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response Unit, and an
ambulance showed up
at the Phillips' residence and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to George: 'I thought you said that you'd shot
them!'

George said, 'I thought you said there was nobody available!'

(True Story) I LOVE IT - Don't mess with old people!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OLd Farts

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Old but still funny.

And still not true, Snopes.com is real useful when checking out these urban
myths.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"DGDevin" wrote in message

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Old but still funny.

And still not true, Snopes.com is real useful when checking out these
urban myths.

I presumed it was a joke.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"todd" wrote in message
. ..

Old but still funny.

And still not true, Snopes.com is real useful when checking out these
urban myths.

I presumed it was a joke.

It was widely circulated as fact, some versions even naming the newspaper
where it supposedly originally appeared.

It's at the point where I'm beginning to suspect not everything one reads on
the internet is true, shocking, but it sure looks that way. ;^)

Posted to rec.woodworking

DGDevin said:

"todd" wrote in message

Old but still funny.

And still not true, Snopes.com is real useful when checking out these
urban myths.

I presumed it was a joke.

It was widely circulated as fact, some versions even naming the newspaper
where it supposedly originally appeared.

It's at the point where I'm beginning to suspect not everything one reads on
the internet is true, shocking, but it sure looks that way. ;^)

Tis what happens when the Internet ceases to be the domain of
academics and engineers and turns into a tool of commerce for idiots.

Greg G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I hate seeing AlGore's invention getting abused this way.

Glen

--
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes
and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's

General Tommy Franks

"Greg G." wrote in message
DGDevin said:

"todd" wrote in message
m...

Old but still funny.

And still not true, Snopes.com is real useful when checking out these
urban myths.

I presumed it was a joke.

It was widely circulated as fact, some versions even naming the newspaper
where it supposedly originally appeared.

It's at the point where I'm beginning to suspect not everything one reads
on
the internet is true, shocking, but it sure looks that way. ;^)

Tis what happens when the Internet ceases to be the domain of
academics and engineers and turns into a tool of commerce for idiots.

Greg G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 12, 12:46*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
"todd" wrote in message

. ..

Old but still funny.

And still not true, Snopes.com is real useful when checking out these
urban myths.

I presumed it was a joke.

It was widely circulated as fact, some versions even naming the newspaper
where it supposedly originally appeared.

It's at the point where I'm beginning to suspect not everything one reads on
the internet is true, shocking, but it sure looks that way. *;^)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/WGAFMed.jpg

Image edited for LRod
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 12, 12:46 pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
"todd" wrote in message

. ..

Old but still funny.
And still not true, Snopes.com is real useful when checking out these
urban myths.
I presumed it was a joke.

It was widely circulated as fact, some versions even naming the newspaper
where it supposedly originally appeared.

It's at the point where I'm beginning to suspect not everything one reads on
the internet is true, shocking, but it sure looks that way. ;^)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/WGAFMed.jpg

Image edited for LRod

I'm still puzzling over the ****ometer.
Does it mean that I don't give a **** if
it's Zero, or does that mean I really care?

OTOH, could it be that at full scale,
5000 is the ultimate in DontGiveA****?

Currently that meter is reading nothing,
so does that mean,if the former is true,
that Rob don't give a ****, or does it
mean the meter isn't hooked up?

More information is required, I'm afraid.

--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Yeah, and the Wikipedia is the Gold Standard for research.

And Fox News is not an oxymoron.

....who the hell died and left Snopes.com in charge?

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:15:58 -0800, "DGDevin"
wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Old but still funny.

And still not true, Snopes.com is real useful when checking out these urban
myths.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson said:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:15:58 -0800, "DGDevin" wrote:

And still not true, Snopes.com is real useful when checking out these urban
myths.

Yeah, and the Wikipedia is the Gold Standard for research.

And Fox News is not an oxymoron.

...who the hell died and left Snopes.com in charge?

LOL. I was wondering that very thing earlier this morning.
Al Gore, of course. Oh, wait - he's not dead...

Greg G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Greg G. wrote:
Tom Watson said:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:15:58 -0800, "DGDevin" wrote:

And still not true, Snopes.com is real useful when checking out
these urban myths.

Yeah, and the Wikipedia is the Gold Standard for research.

And Fox News is not an oxymoron.

...who the hell died and left Snopes.com in charge?

LOL. I was wondering that very thing earlier this morning.
Al Gore, of course. Oh, wait - he's not dead...

If he was a reanimated corpse it would explain much.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 13, 12:17 pm, Tom Watson wrote:
Yeah, and the Wikipedia is the Gold Standard for research.

And Fox News is not an oxymoron.

...who the hell died and left Snopes.com in charge?

Dunno. But you've got to admit, they do a better job at lower cost
than any adminstration in history.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:39:57 -0800 (PST), Charlie Self
wrote:

On Jan 13, 12:17 pm, Tom Watson wrote:
Yeah, and the Wikipedia is the Gold Standard for research.

And Fox News is not an oxymoron.

...who the hell died and left Snopes.com in charge?

Dunno. But you've got to admit, they do a better job at lower cost
than any adminstration in history.

Provenance v. Providence?

:-)