Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Doll Cradle pictures

I've been Googling 'till I've grown new callus on my fingertips, but I
can't find a photo of a doll cradle I like. I've also searched for
full-size cradles. I did find one Shaker antique that I *kind* of like,
but I think I can find better. Everything I'm finding looks either
crude or cheaply made, with little style.

I don't need plans, a simple photo will do. I'm looking for ideas that
I can size to my needs. The only requirement so far is that I don't
turn well, so a bunch of round spindles is out.

Does anyone have suggestions?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 4, 10:37*am, B A R R Y wrote:
I've been Googling 'till I've grown new callus on my fingertips, but I
can't find a photo of a doll cradle I like. *I've also searched for
full-size cradles. *I did find one Shaker antique that I *kind* of like,
but I think I can find better. *Everything I'm finding looks either
crude or cheaply made, with little style.

I don't need plans, a simple photo will do. *I'm looking for ideas that
I can size to my needs. *The only requirement so far is that I don't
turn well, so a bunch of round spindles is out.

Does anyone have suggestions?

http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct.php?604

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 4, 9:37*am, B A R R Y wrote:

I don't need plans, a simple photo will do. *I'm looking for ideas that I can size to my needs. *The only requirement so far is that I don't
turn well, so a bunch of round spindles is out.

Good move. Once you start spinning wood, it is hard to stop. If you
get the turning bug, the cradle may never see the light of day!

I am sure you checked this, but a quick look revealed about 50
different styles. Since you don't need plans, and just in case you
missed it, there is some really simple to exotic designs he

http://tinyurl.com/2bfty9

Hope this helps.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

B A R R Y wrote:
I've been Googling 'till I've grown new callus on my fingertips, but I
can't find a photo of a doll cradle I like. I've also searched for
full-size cradles. I did find one Shaker antique that I *kind* of like,
but I think I can find better. Everything I'm finding looks either
crude or cheaply made, with little style.

I don't need plans, a simple photo will do. I'm looking for ideas that
I can size to my needs. The only requirement so far is that I don't
turn well, so a bunch of round spindles is out.

Does anyone have suggestions?

If you post this question in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking, I'd be
happy to reply with some picture attachments of a cradle I built for my
grandson.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I designed and built one and built two from plans. I made my own spindles
for all and that can be fun and rewarding in and of itself. There is an
alternative to turning your own so if you like the spindle look but don't
want or can't turn them yourself, buy them. Several of the woodworking
places carry them in different styles and woods.
"B A R R Y" wrote in message
I've been Googling 'till I've grown new callus on my fingertips, but I
can't find a photo of a doll cradle I like. I've also searched for
full-size cradles. I did find one Shaker antique that I *kind* of like,
but I think I can find better. Everything I'm finding looks either crude
or cheaply made, with little style.

I don't need plans, a simple photo will do. I'm looking for ideas that I
can size to my needs. The only requirement so far is that I don't turn
well, so a bunch of round spindles is out.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Not the one I was thinking of, but along similar lines:
http://www.texancultures.utsa.edu/me...son/orlj20.htm

And another:
http://www.babyandmeboutique.com/pro...s/oldWorld.jpg

I'da posted one of Henry the V's cradle, but it looked crude.

That's it for me, not sure what you're looking for. You're on your
own.

JOAT
You can't always judge by appearances, the early bird may have been up
all night.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lou Lou is offline

On Jan 4, 9:37 am, B A R R Y wrote:
I've been Googling 'till I've grown new callus on my fingertips, but I
can't find a photo of a doll cradle I like. I've also searched for
full-size cradles. I did find one Shaker antique that I *kind* of like,
but I think I can find better. Everything I'm finding looks either
crude or cheaply made, with little style.

I don't need plans, a simple photo will do. I'm looking for ideas that
I can size to my needs. The only requirement so far is that I don't
turn well, so a bunch of round spindles is out.

Does anyone have suggestions?

I suggest that you take a good look at a reason why a
grown man just can't find the doll cradle he likes. I could
understand it if it where for a child or a request from a child
for her doll, but.......................

However, here is the one I built for my daughter. Then I modified
the
plans to make a matching crib.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=16467
Lou

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 11:44:29 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

How about this Bartley kit? http://www.bartleycollection.com/cat...products_id/35

You could add some scrolled cut-outs for more interest

The antique I found is similar, with some extra scroll work, and
dovetailed sides. That's one of the directions I'm leaning.

Thanks!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:43:10 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

And another:
http://www.babyandmeboutique.com/pro...s/oldWorld.jpg

That's interesting!

I didn't get that one in my searches...

Thanks!
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:58:10 -0700, Doug Winterburn
wrote:

If you post this question in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking, I'd be
happy to reply with some picture attachments of a cradle I built for my
grandson.

I'd appreciate that.

Thanks!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 00:04:43 GMT, ROY! wrote:

If I was a newborn I'd want to be hanging out in one of these:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JA1NGTBFL.jpg

Nice...

Possibly a challenge to build, as well.

Hmmmm...

Thanks!
Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Sat, Jan 5, 2008, 12:04am (EST+5) (ROY!) doth sayeth:
If I was a newborn I'd want to be hanging out in one of these:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JA1NGTBFL.jpg

If "I" was a newborn, I'd want to be hanging out in the arms of a
large breasted attractive young lady. I must be in my second childhood,
because that's what I'd like now too.

JOAT
You can't always judge by appearances, the early bird may have been up
all night.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message

None of those grabbed me the first time through. It's probably just me.

I was hoping someone had a secret photo of something really cool. G

I just posted a couple that may give you an idea. I use store bought
spindles on the one, but you could use flat stock and m & t them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

ROY! wrote:

After I get their cradle done I just might make one of the design I
like.... just for the hell of it...... and then make one like this:
http://www.artisticwoodworking.com/18.html

ROY!

That boy sure seems to like pointy sticks.

--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Doll Cradle pictures - Thanks!

I know this thread has splintered, but I thank all for the excellent
suggestions!
Posted to rec.woodworking
Lou Lou is offline

like.... just for the hell of it...... and then make one like this:
http://www.artisticwoodworking.com/18.html

ROY!

That boy sure seems to like pointy sticks.

A design feature. Prevents the baby from escaping.

Escaping yes, but not chocking.

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Fri, Jan 4, 2008, 7:02pm (EST+5)
(B*A*R*R*Y) doth sayeth:
snip I was hoping someone had a secret photo of something really cool.
* G

Well, Hell, if it's COOL ya wants, THIS is cool.
http://www.madle.org/eak116i.htm

JOAT
You can't always judge by appearances, the early bird may have been up
all night.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:16:00 -0800 (PST), Lou
wrote:

Escaping yes, but not chocking.

Depends on the spacing.

There are anti-trapping, anti-choking spacing rules for cribs.

http://www.nsc.org/library/facts/cribtips.htm
Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
I've been Googling 'till I've grown new callus on my fingertips, but I
can't find a photo of a doll cradle I like. I've also searched for
full-size cradles. I did find one Shaker antique that I *kind* of like,
but I think I can find better. Everything I'm finding looks either crude
or cheaply made, with little style.

I don't need plans, a simple photo will do. I'm looking for ideas that I
can size to my needs. The only requirement so far is that I don't turn
well, so a bunch of round spindles is out.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Take a look here Barry. Scroll all the way to the bottom for a photo of
very simple cradles the our club builds.
http://www.woodworkersofwhittier.org/christmas2007.html

--
********
Bill Pounds

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Bigpole explained on 1/7/2008 :
Here's a cradle I made for my Granddaughter.

news
wrote:

If you post this question in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking, I'd be
happy to reply with some picture attachments of a cradle I built for my
grandson.

I'd appreciate that.

Thanks!

I don't know who gave it an "F" but I'd give it an "A+"

Pictures of Steve Russell's stone crusher onalt.binaries.pictures.woodworking Steve Russell Woodturning 0 July 13th 07 02:22 PM
SIMPLE DOLL CRADLE J T Woodworking 0 September 29th 05 12:37 AM
DOLL CRADLE J T Woodworking 0 September 29th 05 12:27 AM
COLONIAL DOLL CRADLE J T Woodworking 0 September 29th 05 12:19 AM
Another doll cradle (pics) Nate Perkins Woodworking 6 November 12th 04 04:23 AM