Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworking newsletter editors out there?

Just accepted a post as our club's newsletter editor. I've done others
before
and know the problem in getting any kind of content to fill the pages.
I would
like our newsletter to be informative and broadening beyond our county
(if possible).

I had a half of a thought that I would develop some of my own stories.
Interviews
with local companies selling woodworking products or services
(schools, etc.)
I'd be interesting in sharing these with other editors, IF, I could
get the same
in return.

An example, I was thinking of approaching the owner of a Japanese
woodworking
tool store nearby and doing a 30 minute interview. If you had a
similar
story, I'd swap you. They don't have to be magazine quality, but a
least
they would help to "round out" the newsletters when there is little
else to put in.

I am also developing Sudoku like puzzles but using words (i.e. bench
tops) versus
numbers to solve the puzzle. I'd share those as well.

I wouldn't mind be contacted off-post here, but interested in hearing
from other
editors (and readers of such newsletters) as to your thoughts.

MJ Wallace