Rich

Default Home Depot and Rigid

Went into Home Depot the other day and noticed a large line of Rigid tools
which I had not seen before. Seems they have added a new line of product.
Does anyone know much about the Rigid Quality? Or is this just another
Ryobi, Black and Decker, Skill etc. piece of crap.

Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK.

P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº

"Rich" wrote in message
news
Went into Home Depot the other day and noticed a large line of Rigid tools
which I had not seen before. Seems they have added a new line of product.
Does anyone know much about the Rigid Quality? Or is this just another
Ryobi, Black and Decker, Skill etc. piece of crap.

Rich

From the rush of them we've seen brought in for repairs lately (supposed to
have a life time warranty or something???? I don't even want to know any
details)
we have been sending them all back to home depot, they apear to look quite
well made but are not standing up to home use yet alone contractor use too
well.....I think I would avoid them. (also avoid those mentioned above these
days & add McCulloch, Talon, Trademaster, King & Jobmate to the list among
others). Mastercraft tools made by McCulloch for Canadian tire.....beware
almost impossible to get (3yr)warranty work performed at the moment since
they pulled out of Canada, insist on a replacement or a refund.

Just my 10cents worth.

Jon (J.D.Power Tool Canada)

GTO69RA4

Get out much, Rich? g

Most of them are cheap Ryobis, the better corded tools are very nice (and $$$)
German Metabos. I think the big 1/2" drill is a DeWalt DW130, too.

GTO(John)

Went into Home Depot the other day and noticed a large line of Rigid tools
which I had not seen before. Seems they have added a new line of product.
Does anyone know much about the Rigid Quality? Or is this just another
Ryobi, Black and Decker, Skill etc. piece of crap.

Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK.
Atten: Micro$oft Outlook users, please take me
off of your address books!
Email, remove the DOT

Rich

solarman, decides to chip in.

How long were you on the island Rich? grin

"Rich" wrote in message
news
Went into Home Depot the other day and noticed a large line of Rigid
tools which I had not seen before. Seems they have added a new line of
product. Does anyone know much about the Rigid Quality? Or is this just
another Ryobi, Black and Decker, Skill etc. piece of crap.

Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK.
Atten: Micro$oft Outlook users, please take me
off of your address books!
Email, remove the DOT

I just never really noticed the Rigid Line that's all. I have all Porter
Cable power tools. So I guess I never really paid any attention to the
power tool section. It just seemed all of a sudden I see tons of these
orange and black tools I never paid any attention to before. Wasn't Rigid
something else in a past life? I really don't even go into HD that much
except for material and I usually get that at my Hardwood dealer right down
the street.

I have a Porter Cable / Delta Customer Service Center 2 miles from my house
and whenever I need a power tool I go there and buy one that's been rebuilt
which has the same warranty for about 1/2-2/3 off the suggested retail
price. Picked up a 18 volt cordless hammer drill driver for $125.00 couple
of weeks ago. Think the next purchases will be a biscuit cutter.

Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK.
Atten: Micro$oft Outlook users, please take me
off of your address books!
Email, remove the DOT

Bob N

Rich wrote ...

I really don't even go into HD that much
except for material and I usually get that at my Hardwood dealer right down
the street.

I have a Porter Cable / Delta Customer Service Center 2 miles from my house
and whenever I need a power tool I go there and buy one that's been rebuilt
which has the same warranty for about 1/2-2/3 off the suggested retail
price. Picked up a 18 volt cordless hammer drill driver for $125.00 couple
of weeks ago. Think the next purchases will be a biscuit cutter.

Nice drive-by. Of course, you suck.

GTO69RA4

Didn't HD buy Emerson? That would make the Ridgid tools the usual Emerson
piece of crap.....

Rich seems to be talking about the new portable tools. Emerson _did_ have the
stationary contract with HD/Ridgid, but they're not too cozy now. The Emersons
were fine tools for the price, overall.

GTO(John)