DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   bandsaw cut curves to the right (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/22656-bandsaw-cut-curves-right.html)

steve weatherbe October 27th 03 01:18 AM

bandsaw cut curves to the right

I need help with my bandsaw. it's an old department store type put out
by busy bee.Three wheels.Old fashioned threaded blade guides. I got it
second hand. It worked fine till the original blade broke. I think it
worked fine with the new one. But lately it won't cut straight. Soon
after starting into the piece, the blade curves to the right and cuts
a curving cut in the that direction.
Any auggestions?

Nova October 27th 03 01:23 AM

steve weatherbe wrote:

I need help with my bandsaw. it's an old department store type put out
by busy bee.Three wheels.Old fashioned threaded blade guides. I got it
second hand. It worked fine till the original blade broke. I think it
worked fine with the new one. But lately it won't cut straight. Soon
after starting into the piece, the blade curves to the right and cuts
a curving cut in the that direction.
Any auggestions?

It sounds like the blade is bad. Try a new blade. I recommend the
Suffolk Timberwolf's.

http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Doug Miller October 27th 03 03:12 AM

In article , (steve weatherbe) wrote:
I need help with my bandsaw. it's an old department store type put out
by busy bee.Three wheels.Old fashioned threaded blade guides. I got it
second hand. It worked fine till the original blade broke. I think it
worked fine with the new one. But lately it won't cut straight. Soon
after starting into the piece, the blade curves to the right and cuts
a curving cut in the that direction.
Any auggestions?

The teeth are worn off on the left side of the blade. Time for a new blade.

--
Regards,

Bob S. October 27th 03 08:26 PM

bandsaw cut curves to the right

Is the blade tensioned correctly, riding correctly on the wheels and is the
blade guard down?

Jim October 28th 03 03:51 AM

bandsaw cut curves to the right

I had the same problem with my Grizzly 14" saw. It worked fine for a
VERY few cuts and then started giving me the same trouble. After
switching to a Timberwolf blade it not only cuts straight again, it cuts
BEAUTIFULLY!

After looking at the Timberwolf web sight I wonder if I can sue them for
false advertising...they work much better than advertised :)

Jim

Nova wrote in news:3F9C73E8.41EBEC66
@adelphia.net:

Jim K October 28th 03 04:48 AM

bandsaw cut curves to the right

If the blade was cutting OK and now isn't, one side of the blade is
probably worn. If it's a new blade, it could have a larger than normal
burr on one side. Also check the tension of the blade and make sure
it's tight enough.