steve weatherbe

Default bandsaw cut curves to the right

I need help with my bandsaw. it's an old department store type put out
by busy bee.Three wheels.Old fashioned threaded blade guides. I got it
second hand. It worked fine till the original blade broke. I think it
worked fine with the new one. But lately it won't cut straight. Soon
after starting into the piece, the blade curves to the right and cuts
a curving cut in the that direction.
Any auggestions?
Nova

steve weatherbe wrote:

I need help with my bandsaw. it's an old department store type put out
by busy bee.Three wheels.Old fashioned threaded blade guides. I got it
second hand. It worked fine till the original blade broke. I think it
worked fine with the new one. But lately it won't cut straight. Soon
after starting into the piece, the blade curves to the right and cuts
a curving cut in the that direction.
Any auggestions?

It sounds like the blade is bad. Try a new blade. I recommend the
Suffolk Timberwolf's.

http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Bob S.

Is the blade tensioned correctly, riding correctly on the wheels and is the
blade guard down?

Jim

I had the same problem with my Grizzly 14" saw. It worked fine for a
VERY few cuts and then started giving me the same trouble. After
switching to a Timberwolf blade it not only cuts straight again, it cuts
BEAUTIFULLY!

After looking at the Timberwolf web sight I wonder if I can sue them for
false advertising...they work much better than advertised

Jim

Nova wrote in news:3F9C73E8.41EBEC66
@adelphia.net:

It sounds like the blade is bad. Try a new blade. I recommend the
Suffolk Timberwolf's.

http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
(Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Jim K

If the blade was cutting OK and now isn't, one side of the blade is
probably worn. If it's a new blade, it could have a larger than normal
burr on one side. Also check the tension of the blade and make sure
it's tight enough.

On 26 Oct 2003 17:18:40 -0800, (steve
weatherbe) wrote:

I need help with my bandsaw. it's an old department store type put out
by busy bee.Three wheels.Old fashioned threaded blade guides. I got it
second hand. It worked fine till the original blade broke. I think it
worked fine with the new one. But lately it won't cut straight. Soon
after starting into the piece, the blade curves to the right and cuts
a curving cut in the that direction.
Any auggestions?

Home made Bandsaw question???? Darryl Moore Metalworking 11 August 16th 04 05:36 AM
Homebrew bandsaw project part 2 is now up. Roy Metalworking 4 January 9th 04 02:27 AM
Bandsaw blades for Metal brownnsharp Metalworking 11 November 21st 03 10:12 PM
Bandsaw Tuning #1 Wayland Woodworking 6 August 24th 03 12:59 AM
Moving A Large Bandsaw Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 1 July 30th 03 07:46 PM