Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default I Got Tools

It's tommorow here now, so my birthday is over now. It's official,
on the 16th I officially became well on my way to middle-age. I am now
67. Damn, feel like I should be in my 20s. And my joints tell me
that's a flat out lie..

The dau-in-law baked me a German chocolate cake. The older son
gave me a big C-clamp. When I got home, the younger son went to his
Jeep and fetched me a brand new Kobalt tape measure, apparently their
top-of-the-line model. Very slick. They actually remembered, actually
got me presents, actually got me presents I can actually use, and
actually like. I got tools. Life is basically good.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

For a while there I thought we'd lose you. Should've known
a Marine is hard to kill. Maybe breathin' oil, gas and carving
chips played a role. Congrats - on making it this far, and
having "kids" who know what gifts you can actually use.
I think Galootness kicks in at 70 so start making plans.

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

Is this the same dau-in-law that coned you into making lawn art? See pay
back can often be delicious!

Happy Birthday!

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
"J T" wrote in message
It's tommorow here now, so my birthday is over now. It's official,
on the 16th I officially became well on my way to middle-age. I am now
67. Damn, feel like I should be in my 20s. And my joints tell me
that's a flat out lie..

The dau-in-law baked me a German chocolate cake. The older son
gave me a big C-clamp. When I got home, the younger son went to his
Jeep and fetched me a brand new Kobalt tape measure, apparently their
top-of-the-line model. Very slick. They actually remembered, actually
got me presents, actually got me presents I can actually use, and
actually like. I got tools. Life is basically good.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" my birthday is over now. It's official,
on the 16th I officially became well on my way to middle-age. I am now
67. Damn, feel like I should be in my 20s. And my joints tell me
that's a flat out lie..

Happy belated B'day mofo! ... and many many more to enjoy those tools .

(what I'm worrying about is having the tools but not being able to afford
the materials).

.... you've a couple of years on me so keep us posted on what to expect!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
It's tommorow here now, so my birthday is over now. It's official,
on the 16th I officially became well on my way to middle-age. I am now
67. Damn, feel like I should be in my 20s. And my joints tell me
that's a flat out lie..

The dau-in-law baked me a German chocolate cake. The older son
gave me a big C-clamp. When I got home, the younger son went to his
Jeep and fetched me a brand new Kobalt tape measure, apparently their
top-of-the-line model. Very slick. They actually remembered, actually
got me presents, actually got me presents I can actually use, and
actually like. I got tools. Life is basically good.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Congrats on making it this far. I'll be 69 (OK hold the jokes) next May
and I don't feel a day over 67. Another 20 years to geezerdom. I
remember when one of my kids got me a gift certificate for OSH. I
appreciate the thought and when I finally found an OSH (not too far from
her house) and went there, I couldn't find anything that I could
actually use that I didn't already have. So I bought a rather nice
Estwing framing hammer with a milled head. Pretty. I don't do much
carpenterin' any more, but when the occasion arises, I'll be ready.

Now I'm wondering if this was a setup to get me to drop by her house.
Grandkids can be fun. :-)

mahalo,
jo4hn

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 17, 1:43 am, (J T) wrote:
It's tommorow here now, so my birthday is over now. It's official,
on the 16th I officially became well on my way to middle-age. I am now
67. Damn, feel like I should be in my 20s. And my joints tell me
that's a flat out lie..

The dau-in-law baked me a German chocolate cake. The older son
gave me a big C-clamp. When I got home, the younger son went to his
Jeep and fetched me a brand new Kobalt tape measure, apparently their
top-of-the-line model. Very slick. They actually remembered, actually
got me presents, actually got me presents I can actually use, and
actually like. I got tools. Life is basically good.

I get it now. You allowed me to stick around so I could wish you a
happy b-day!
Well, as the pup of this group, I can only hope to be as up-beat as
you guys when I get to be in my late 60's.
Right now, having that chunk of bugscreen holding my bowels in place
is interfering with jumping for JT's joy.
Happy Burfday, JT!

r------who wonders if anybody else here knew that jo4hn was, like,
getting WAY up there???

smirk

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On Dec 16, 11:43 pm, (J T) wrote:
It's tommorow here now, so my birthday is over now. It's official,
on the 16th I officially became well on my way to middle-age. I am now
67. Damn, feel like I should be in my 20s. And my joints tell me
that's a flat out lie..

The dau-in-law baked me a German chocolate cake. The older son
gave me a big C-clamp. When I got home, the younger son went to his
Jeep and fetched me a brand new Kobalt tape measure, apparently their
top-of-the-line model. Very slick. They actually remembered, actually
got me presents, actually got me presents I can actually use, and
actually like. I got tools. Life is basically good.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Happy belated birthday! What kind of hints did you drop (if any) to
get all that good stuff? Tom
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 17, 2:51 pm, (J T) wrote:
Mon, Dec 17, 2007, 9:49am (EST-3) (Robatoy) doth
sayeth:
I get it now. You allowed me to stick around so I could wish you a happy
b-day! snip

No, not really. Actually we're all planning a convention, and
keeping you around to buy the first round. Then, because most of us are
so old, we're not able to handle more booze, and will have to leave the
bar and take a nap. LMAO

You know what? As I am convalescing anyway, and I'm practicing that
3D thang, I thought I'd give you a hand with designing your boat.
I will give you the plans when you are ready to start building it. It
has everything you need on board.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...y/JOATBoat.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:36:09 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Dec 17, 2:51 pm, (J T) wrote:
Mon, Dec 17, 2007, 9:49am (EST-3) (Robatoy) doth
sayeth:
I get it now. You allowed me to stick around so I could wish you a happy
b-day! snip

No, not really. Actually we're all planning a convention, and
keeping you around to buy the first round. Then, because most of us are
so old, we're not able to handle more booze, and will have to leave the
bar and take a nap. LMAO

You know what? As I am convalescing anyway, and I'm practicing that
3D thang, I thought I'd give you a hand with designing your boat.
I will give you the plans when you are ready to start building it. It
has everything you need on board.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...y/JOATBoat.jpg

I think you forgot the layer that had the x-lax, aspirin, denture glue and
stuff?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On Dec 17, 2:51 pm, (J T) wrote:
Mon, Dec 17, 2007, 9:49am (EST-3) (Robatoy) doth
sayeth:
I get it now. You allowed me to stick around so I could wish you a happy
b-day! snip

No, not really. Actually we're all planning a convention, and
keeping you around to buy the first round. Then, because most of us are
so old, we're not able to handle more booze, and will have to leave the
bar and take a nap. LMAO

You know what? As I am convalescing anyway, and I'm practicing that
3D thang, I thought I'd give you a hand with designing your boat.
I will give you the plans when you are ready to start building it. It
has everything you need on board.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...y/JOATBoat.jpg

Um, Rob? The sides, or inside or even
the prop, need to be a pretty bright
yellow. Otherwise it's lovely. Good job.

And JT, many more happy returns. You are
a breath of fresh air most days.

--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 17, 5:03 pm, Tanus wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Dec 17, 2:51 pm, (J T) wrote:
Mon, Dec 17, 2007, 9:49am (EST-3) (Robatoy) doth
sayeth:
I get it now. You allowed me to stick around so I could wish you a happy
b-day! snip

No, not really. Actually we're all planning a convention, and
keeping you around to buy the first round. Then, because most of us are
so old, we're not able to handle more booze, and will have to leave the
bar and take a nap. LMAO

You know what? As I am convalescing anyway, and I'm practicing that
3D thang, I thought I'd give you a hand with designing your boat.
I will give you the plans when you are ready to start building it. It
has everything you need on board.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...y/JOATBoat.jpg

Um, Rob? The sides, or inside or even
the prop, need to be a pretty bright
yellow. Otherwise it's lovely. Good job.

Ohhh, I thought he painted everything pink.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 17, 5:03 pm, Tanus wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Dec 17, 2:51 pm, (J T) wrote:
[...]

Maybe you're right.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...JoatYellow.jpg

(polished the crapper for him for his burfday)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On Dec 17, 5:03 pm, Tanus wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Dec 17, 2:51 pm, (J T) wrote:
[...]

Perfect! 'cept now he's complaining bout
the steam engine...sigh

--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/
Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Mon, Dec 17, 2007, 3:12pm (EST-3) (Robatoy) doth
posteth thusly::
Maybe you're right.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...JoatYellow.jpg

At least this one doesn't look like a funeral barge.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

On Dec 17, 2:51 pm, (J T) wrote:
Mon, Dec 17, 2007, 9:49am (EST-3) (Robatoy) doth
sayeth:
I get it now. You allowed me to stick around so I could wish you a happy
b-day! snip

No, not really. Actually we're all planning a convention, and
keeping you around to buy the first round. Then, because most of us are
so old, we're not able to handle more booze, and will have to leave the
bar and take a nap. LMAO

You know what? As I am convalescing anyway, and I'm practicing that
3D thang, I thought I'd give you a hand with designing your boat.
I will give you the plans when you are ready to start building it. It
has everything you need on board.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...y/JOATBoat.jpg

Neat, but I think those spray paint cans should be yellow.

What did you say you are using for rendering?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 17, 8:08 pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Dec 17, 2:51 pm, (J T) wrote:
Mon, Dec 17, 2007, 9:49am (EST-3) (Robatoy) doth
sayeth:
I get it now. You allowed me to stick around so I could wish you a happy
b-day! snip

No, not really. Actually we're all planning a convention, and
keeping you around to buy the first round. Then, because most of us are
so old, we're not able to handle more booze, and will have to leave the
bar and take a nap. LMAO

You know what? As I am convalescing anyway, and I'm practicing that
3D thang, I thought I'd give you a hand with designing your boat.
I will give you the plans when you are ready to start building it. It
has everything you need on board.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...y/JOATBoat.jpg

Neat, but I think those spray paint cans should be yellow.

What did you say you are using for rendering?

--

They are yellow:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...JoatYellow.jpg

That was done in Strata CX...and took...lemme see...yup.. 17 seconds.
(Radiosity turned off, two passes of antialiasing..medium texture.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T said:

It's tommorow here now...

Well hell, JOAT, Happy Birthday!
Glad you got what you wanted. You must load up over the holidays.
Tools or dancing girls are certainly what I wish for, and truth be
told, have little genuine long term use for the dancers. How was the
cake? I haven't seen a German chocolate cake in years.
I'm including a virtual, ice cold, six-pack. ;-)

Greg G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Charley said:

Life is good after 65, except for those nagging joint pains.

I've got those already - they get worse?

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message
It's tommorow here now, so my birthday is over now. It's official,
on the 16th I officially became well on my way to middle-age. I am now
67. Damn, feel like I should be in my 20s. And my joints tell me
that's a flat out lie..

The dau-in-law baked me a German chocolate cake. The older son
gave me a big C-clamp. When I got home, the younger son went to his
Jeep and fetched me a brand new Kobalt tape measure, apparently their
top-of-the-line model. Very slick. They actually remembered, actually
got me presents, actually got me presents I can actually use, and
actually like. I got tools. Life is basically good.

Tools are great presents. What are you going to build with that German
Chocolate Cake? ;~)