Posted to rec.woodworking

Default China Ply

"Lee Michaels" wrote

"Doug Miller" wrote

And in addition to that, I had an allergic reaction a couple years ago to
the
airborne dust from cutting a sheet of that stuff. (Yeah, yeah, I know, I
shoulda been wearing a mask, and I wasn't -- but I've never, ever had
that
problem with US or Canadian ply.)

So, you are allergic to that cow **** glue they use?

Lewis Black, my favorite rant comedian, says this.

You have noticed that the Chinese keep sending us toys that have mercury
and lead in them.

This is because they are trying to KILL US!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote

"Doug Miller" wrote

And in addition to that, I had an allergic reaction a couple years
ago to the
airborne dust from cutting a sheet of that stuff. (Yeah, yeah, I
know, I shoulda been wearing a mask, and I wasn't -- but I've
never, ever had that
problem with US or Canadian ply.)

So, you are allergic to that cow **** glue they use?

Lewis Black, my favorite rant comedian, says this.

You have noticed that the Chinese keep sending us toys that have
mercury and lead in them.

This is because they are trying to KILL US!!

So how many of "us" other than kids do they expect to be chewing on
toys? And how many kids have _died_ of chewing on lead paint?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 4, 8:12 pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote

"Doug Miller" wrote

And in addition to that, I had an allergic reaction a couple years ago to
the
airborne dust from cutting a sheet of that stuff. (Yeah, yeah, I know, I
shoulda been wearing a mask, and I wasn't -- but I've never, ever had
that
problem with US or Canadian ply.)

So, you are allergic to that cow **** glue they use?

Lewis Black, my favorite rant comedian, says this.

You have noticed that the Chinese keep sending us toys that have mercury
and lead in them.

This is because they are trying to KILL US!!

I have absolutely NO idea what spurned this on:

Oh oh oh ohoo sheet of china ply
Oh oh oh ohoo sheet of china ply

I could escape this feeling, with my china ply
I feel a wreck without my, sheet of china ply
I hear her heart beating, loud as thunder
Saw the stars crashing

Im a mess without my, sheet of china ply
Wake up mornings wheres my, sheet of china ply
I hear hearts beating, loud as thunder
I saw they stars crashing down

I feel an tragic like an marlon brando
When I look at my china ply
I could pretend that nothing really meant too much
When I look at my china ply

I stumble into town just like a sacred cow
Visions of swastikas in my head
Plans for everyone
Its in the white of my eyes

My sheet of china ply
You shouldnt mess with me
Ill ruin everything you are
Ill give you television
Ill give you eyes of blue
Ill give you men who want to rule the world

And when I get excited
My sheet of china ply says
Oh baby just you shut your mouth
She says ... sh
She says
She says

And when I get excited
My sheet of china ply says
Oh baby just you shut your mouth
And when I get excited
My sheet of china ply says
Oh baby just you shut your mouth
She says ... sh
She says

Oh oh oh ohoo sheet of china ply
Oh oh oh ohoo sheet of china ply
Oh oh oh ohoo sheet of china ply
Oh oh oh ohoo sheet of china ply
Oh oh oh ohoo sheet of china ply
Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Lee Michaels wrote:
Lewis Black, my favorite rant comedian, says this.

You have noticed that the Chinese keep sending us toys that have
mercury and lead in them.

This is because they are trying to KILL US!!

So how many of "us" other than kids do they expect to be chewing on
toys?

"other than kids"? In 2006, there were approximately 74 million children
under the age of 18 in the US. 28% of that number is age 0-4. That leaves
over 20 million children in this group you seem to want to minimize. How
many million does it take before it's significant in your book?

And how many kids have _died_ of chewing on lead paint?

I don't know. What's the over/under on the number it will take before it's
a problem? This might have slipped by you, but Lewis Black is a comedian.
His job description includes exaggeration for effect. I suspect the
mortality rate due to lead poisoning in this country is very low. However,
lead's effects on the central nervous system, especially in children, are
well known. I'm not willing to give the Chi-Coms a pass on sending us
lead-tainted toys.

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking

todd wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Lee Michaels wrote:
Lewis Black, my favorite rant comedian, says this.

You have noticed that the Chinese keep sending us toys that have
mercury and lead in them.

This is because they are trying to KILL US!!

So how many of "us" other than kids do they expect to be chewing on
toys?

"other than kids"? In 2006, there were approximately 74 million
children under the age of 18 in the US. 28% of that number is age
0-4. That leaves over 20 million children in this group you seem to
want to minimize. How many million does it take before it's
significant in your book?

And how many kids have _died_ of chewing on lead paint?

I don't know. What's the over/under on the number it will take
before it's a problem?

The old "if it only saves one" argument that has been used to justify
all manner of government micromanagement.

This might have slipped by you, but Lewis
Black is a comedian. His job description includes exaggeration for
effect.

One man's comedy is another man's idiotic alarmism.

I suspect the mortality rate due to lead poisoning in this
country is very low. However, lead's effects on the central nervous
system, especially in children, are well known. I'm not willing to
give the Chi-Coms a pass on sending us lead-tainted toys.

Fine, don't. But I suspect that those clever Oriental masterminds
could come up with a better conspiracy than that one.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
todd wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Lee Michaels wrote:
Lewis Black, my favorite rant comedian, says this.

You have noticed that the Chinese keep sending us toys that have
mercury and lead in them.

This is because they are trying to KILL US!!

So how many of "us" other than kids do they expect to be chewing on
toys?

"other than kids"? In 2006, there were approximately 74 million
children under the age of 18 in the US. 28% of that number is age
0-4. That leaves over 20 million children in this group you seem to
want to minimize. How many million does it take before it's
significant in your book?

Interesting that you chose not to respond.

And how many kids have _died_ of chewing on lead paint?

I don't know. What's the over/under on the number it will take
before it's a problem?

The old "if it only saves one" argument that has been used to justify
all manner of government micromanagement.

You'll notice I didn't say "if it only saves one". I'm wondering based on
your comments how many it would take. I'm still wondering.

This might have slipped by you, but Lewis
Black is a comedian. His job description includes exaggeration for
effect.

One man's comedy is another man's idiotic alarmism.

weak.

Posted to rec.woodworking

todd wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
todd wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Lee Michaels wrote:
Lewis Black, my favorite rant comedian, says this.

You have noticed that the Chinese keep sending us toys that have
mercury and lead in them.

This is because they are trying to KILL US!!

So how many of "us" other than kids do they expect to be chewing
on
toys?

"other than kids"? In 2006, there were approximately 74 million
children under the age of 18 in the US. 28% of that number is age
0-4. That leaves over 20 million children in this group you seem
want to minimize. How many million does it take before it's
significant in your book?

Interesting that you chose not to respond.

Interesting that you care what I think.

And how many kids have _died_ of chewing on lead paint?

I don't know. What's the over/under on the number it will take
before it's a problem?

The old "if it only saves one" argument that has been used to
justify
all manner of government micromanagement.

You'll notice I didn't say "if it only saves one". I'm wondering
based on your comments how many it would take. I'm still wondering.

You keep doing that. Wondering is good for you. As an exercise try
coming up with a criterion other than "how many million". Also find
out what is the major cause of death in children (and make sure that
"children" is defined in a way that excludes those old enough to serve
in the military) and tell us how lead stacks up to that and why we
should divert energy from addressing that to rail at China.

This might have slipped by you, but Lewis
Black is a comedian. His job description includes exaggeration for
effect.

One man's comedy is another man's idiotic alarmism.

weak.

Yes, it is weak comedy.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"todd" wrote in message
. ..
Snip

I'm not willing to give the Chi-Coms a pass on sending us
lead-tainted toys.

So it is OK if the American importer does not specify or spot check the
safety of the products that it imports? Typically manufactured goods meet
the importers criteria. I strongly suspect that the American importers
sorta looked the other way and or went with the "Don't ask, Don't Tell"
guidelines when the price quotes were received. After being caught it was
easy to blame the Chinese because most people probably believe that American
Importers don't specify how their products are manufactured.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

Oh oh oh ohoo sheet of china ply
Oh oh oh ohoo sheet of china ply

I dont think Bowie is a woodorker.

Nice try though!
Andy
--
:: Clever Sig here ::
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 5, 10:21 am, Andy H wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
Oh oh oh ohoo sheet of china ply
Oh oh oh ohoo sheet of china ply

I dont think Bowie is a woodorker.

Nice try though!
Andy
--
:: Clever Sig here ::

Could be.....I think Bowie can do anything.Saw him in his last concert
before he had vapour lock and had his ticker rebuilt.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
. net...

"todd" wrote in message
. ..
Snip

I'm not willing to give the Chi-Coms a pass on sending us
lead-tainted toys.

So it is OK if the American importer does not specify or spot check the
safety of the products that it imports? Typically manufactured goods meet
the importers criteria. I strongly suspect that the American importers
sorta looked the other way and or went with the "Don't ask, Don't Tell"
guidelines when the price quotes were received. After being caught it was
easy to blame the Chinese because most people probably believe that
American Importers don't specify how their products are manufactured.

You have a point there, so don't buy from those American Improters that
don't care either.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 4, 9:28 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Lee Michaels wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote

"Doug Miller" wrote

And in addition to that, I had an allergic reaction a couple years
ago to the
airborne dust from cutting a sheet of that stuff. (Yeah, yeah, I
know, I shoulda been wearing a mask, and I wasn't -- but I've
never, ever had that
problem with US or Canadian ply.)

So, you are allergic to that cow **** glue they use?

Lewis Black, my favorite rant comedian, says this.

You have noticed that the Chinese keep sending us toys that have
mercury and lead in them.

This is because they are trying to KILL US!!

So how many of "us" other than kids do they expect to be chewing on
toys? And how many kids have _died_ of chewing on lead paint?

--

They don't die, John, they slow down intellectually. Look around.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charlie Self" wrote

They don't die, John, they slow down intellectually. Look around.

LMAO (that should probably be crying my ass off) ... add politicians, and
teachers educated beyond their intelligence who are more interested in
perks/working the system than teaching, and our kids/country don't have a
chance!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/30/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

:-)

China Ply Curran Copeland Woodworking 10 December 6th 07 12:56 AM
China motorcycles Elizazhan Metalworking 1 October 30th 07 10:52 AM
FROM CHINA!---Merry Christmas to all FROM CHINA! [email protected] UK diy 1 December 26th 06 02:05 PM