Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Salvaged countertop converted to TableSaw Cabinet

Hi, gang -

Scrounged a countetop from a Restaurant remodel & turned it into a
cabinet for my benchtop Table Saw.

The countertop is laminate over particle, about 2" thick - the rest of
the carcase is built out of 3/4" ply, biscuited & screwed, with a 2x4
framework for the base.

The drawers are also biscuited & screwed 3/4" ply, with
laminate/particle faces. Face frame on both sides of the cabinet is
Red Oak, and I hung peg board panels on both ends.

Given the construction, I can confirm that it is one HEAVY beast.

Pics posted in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thanks for looking

-Kevin in Indy
To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Patrick" pfischerATATATATWavecable.com wrote:

Would like to see but big files and ?? format..

There you go with your format again - they are jpg's, dagnabbit - what
the hell kind of photo file are you looking for?

-Kevin in Indy
To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Kevin M. Vernon" wrote in message
Would like to see but big files and ?? format..

There you go with your format again - they are jpg's, dagnabbit - what
the hell kind of photo file are you looking for?

Obviously, you're too dense to realize that they're yEnc encoded. Without
debating the merits of using yEnc or not, there are a number of people here
that use software that can't decode it. If someone is posting images for
other to see, it makes sense to post those images in the most popular format
available because you want people to see them. That's not yEnc. It's not as
if ABPW is so inundated with files that conserving a limited amount of
bandwidth or space is a necessary thing.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Kevin M. Vernon wrote in
:

"Patrick" pfischerATATATATWavecable.com wrote:

Would like to see but big files and ?? format..

There you go with your format again - they are jpg's, dagnabbit - what
the hell kind of photo file are you looking for?

-Kevin in Indy
To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........

First and third came over mangled, middle one looked good, but a website
reference would be better, IMHO!

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

Charley wrote:
If you want us to look at your pictures post them as .jpg without Yenc and
we can all look at them. Most people don't have the ability to use Yenc
files (including me).

Charley

They didn't appear to be Yenc encoded to me. It just looked like Kevin
has his news reader set to send large files as multi-part messages.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nova wrote:

Charley wrote:
If you want us to look at your pictures post them as .jpg without Yenc and
we can all look at them. Most people don't have the ability to use Yenc
files (including me).

Charley

They didn't appear to be Yenc encoded to me. It just looked like Kevin
has his news reader set to send large files as multi-part messages.

Oh look - somebody who finally figured it out - and wasn't nastily
RUDE about it.

1) They ARE jpg's
2) They are NOT posted in Yenc.
3) They are NOT 5 megabyte files - they are right around 1meg - but
there are 3 photos in each post.
4) The dratted thing WAS set to post in multi-part - oops.
5) and to the responder who summarily ORDERED me to re-post in under
100kb size - NO. I despise tiny little postage stamp pics. Can't see
anything in 'em. I don't have a 20" monotior and an 8 Megapixel DSLR
to look at thumbnails. If you have a dila-up account & don't like
large files - learn to kill-filter by size. Otherwise, I'm going to
move to your neighborhood & buy a Model T & then DEMAND that y'all
absolutely HAVE to drive 20 mph at all times, because that's all that
I can manage.

To all you whiney rude jackasses that want to do nothing but bitch -
you have been & will continue to be ignored.

Anyone who wishes to be polite & human & reasonable will find it easy
to get me to post a link to my Flickr page where all 11 of these
photos reside - along with some 2300 others, most un-related to
woodworking.

-Kevin in Indy (who doesn't remember the last time he ran into such a
pack of rude whiney bitches)
To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charley" wrote:

Kevin,

It doesn't require a rant and I didn't say anything to you that should
require that kind of reply. If you want us to look at your pictures, then
post them so it's easy for us to do so. It's that simple.

As far as I am concerned, your reply just guaranteed that I WON'T even try
to look at your pictures no matter how you post them because you have now
been blocked from my computer. I have no interest in corresponding with
people like you or even seeing any of your future posts.

Charley

Jerk
To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........
Posted to rec.woodworking

Kevin M. Vernon took a can of maroon spray paint on November 27, 2007 08:48
pm and wrote the following:

"Charley" wrote:

Kevin,

It doesn't require a rant and I didn't say anything to you that should
require that kind of reply. If you want us to look at your pictures, then
post them so it's easy for us to do so. It's that simple.

As far as I am concerned, your reply just guaranteed that I WON'T even try
to look at your pictures no matter how you post them because you have now
been blocked from my computer. I have no interest in corresponding with
people like you or even seeing any of your future posts.

Charley

Jerk
To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........

Are you this much of an asshole when you aren't hiding behind a keyboard?
Don't bother answering, I can guess the answer.

--
Lits Slut #9
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:33:59 -0500, Kevin M. Vernon
wrote:

-Kevin in Indy (who doesn't remember the last time he ran into such a
pack of rude whiney bitches)

Probably about the same time the pack ran into an unusually
thin-skinned whiner.

--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Kevin M. Vernon wrote:

1) They ARE jpg's

Hard to determine that if all you see is code.

2) They are NOT posted in Yenc.

Hard to determine if all you see is code.

3) They are NOT 5 megabyte files - they are right around 1meg - but
there are 3 photos in each post.

OK.

4) The dratted thing WAS set to post in multi-part - oops.

Oops is right, and that is what caused all the fuss, rude or not.

5) and to the responder who summarily ORDERED me to re-post in under
100kb size - NO. I despise tiny little postage stamp pics.

I agree. You posted to a binary group so band width is not an issue.
Anyone participating in a binary group should have the bandwidth needed
or should have to suffer the consequences rather than have everyone else
drop down to their level. That's why we have binary groups instead of
all groups being binary.

Anyone who wishes to be polite & human & reasonable will find it easy
to get me to post a link to my Flickr page where all 11 of these
photos reside - along with some 2300 others, most un-related to
woodworking.

I'd like to see them and I'm sure plenty of non-whiners would also like
to see them. Either re-post them or post your Flickr info.

-Kevin in Indy (who doesn't remember the last time he ran into such a
pack of rude whiney bitches)

It's not easy for most people to complain in writing w/o sounding
bitchy. For example, your complaint about the rudeness sounds just as
whiney and bitchy as the people complaining. You should expect some
grumbles when you post multi-part pictures that most people see as code
instead of pictures.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com