Posted to rec.woodworking

Default RouterRaizer

I've owned the RouterRaizer for a number of years - installed in my
Bosch 1619 flipped in a table. Used daily - very, very happy with the
setup. Couldn't imagine a better setup given all the alternatives that
I've seen.

I just called Router Technologies in Iowa. Talked to a fella by the name
of Bob (who I assume to be the owner of the company). Told him I was
looking for a few more dust-covers for the above table adjustment hole -
and perhaps a shorter spinner handle for under the table. We chatted
quite a while about the usage of the Raizer, some tips, etc. I told him
I was trying to do some picture frame "mouldings" this weekend and the
bits were coming up a bit short, and I'd like to bue . He said he'd ship
along a quick adjustment wrench for that too.

He gave me his personal cell number (said to call anytime - and re-
emphasized "anytime") and said thanks for calling and goodbye. I said,
"Whoa - take my card number!" He wouldn't - regardless of how much I
pressed him to do so.

I told him with such a great product and customer service, he was making
me feel guilty.

Happy with the RouterRaizer, but even moreso with the company I bought
it from. If you are in the market for such a device - I strongly
recommend Router Technologies.

- jbd in Denver

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 5, 12:14 pm, jbd in Denver
wrote:

SNIP

Happy with the RouterRaizer, but even moreso with the company I bought
it from. If you are in the market for such a device - I strongly
recommend Router Technologies.

Good for you for following up to let the rest of us know there is
actually a reputable company out there that cares about their product.

They seems to be few and far between sometimes.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

"jbd in Denver" wrote in message
5.47...

Snip

I told him with such a great product and customer service, he was making
me feel guilty.

Happy with the RouterRaizer, but even moreso with the company I bought
it from. If you are in the market for such a device - I strongly
recommend Router Technologies.

- jbd in Denver

Well jbd, his great service just paid off.

Posted to rec.woodworking

jbd in Denver wrote:
: I've owned the RouterRaizer for a number of years - installed in my
: Bosch 1619 flipped in a table. Used daily - very, very happy with the
: setup. Couldn't imagine a better setup given all the alternatives that
: I've seen.

Looks great! I was planning to "eventually" buy a router with
under-table features instead of a separate lift, but I might just go
with the Router Raizer instead.

Can you do bit changes from above the table?

Thanks,

--- Chip
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 5, 12:14 pm, jbd in Denver
wrote:
Happy with the RouterRaizer, but even moreso with the company I bought
it from. If you are in the market for such a device - I strongly
recommend Router Technologies.

I bought one at a wood show a couple years ago. The Milwaukee show, I
think. Haven't had any trouble with it so no reason to call the
company. :-)

One thing puzzles me, though. I've read two comparison reports on
router lifts in two different mags now, and RouterRaizer wasn't tested
in either of them. I think it was given passing mention in one, but
completely ignored in the other.

I begin to wonder if they prefer to talk about the really complicated,
expensive setups from companies who have buckets of money.