Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Toy

My old router was giving me a little grief, it somehow managed to make
the tablesaw bed live. Not a lot live, just enough to give a tingle on
a sweaty hand. Anyway, the sparky couldn't find out why, so I decided
to buy a new one and possibly use the old one in a wooden router table
that won't conduct electricity.

This Triton router received at least one solid review that I read:

http://benchmark.20m.com/reviews/Tri...terReview.html

and Google revealed a few more.

It has many features that make me think it was designed by someone who
has actually used one in a table. In fact those features are what swung
it for me as I rarely use a router hand held. Here are some:
1. When it is inverted dust does not fall into the motor.
2. A switch rather than a trigger.
3. An easily removable plunge spring. A much appreciated feature!
4. The chuck extends past the router table bed so bits can be changed
from the top. (Luxury!)
5. 2400 watts of grunt.
6. Even though it does look a bit like the robot in Lost in Space and
is that dinky orange colour, it doesn't look like it was designed by
someone who used to work for Nike.

Mekon

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mekon" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I've been happy with mine so far. Only a few months old but has worked
well so far. And Woodcraft has them for like $209.
Cheers,
cc

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Toy/safety

The internal "short" to ground in the old router isn't likely to go
away; rather it could get worse at any moment, possible with disastrous
results. Please destroy it for your own safety and so someone who
might find it in the junk heap can't get hurt.

Pete Stanaitis