Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.woodworking

Default Asking for Recommendations for Care of Wood Finishes

Hi, I'm trying to find out how to take care of wood furniture for example, a
beautiful oriental chest inlayed with abalone or mother of pearl with a
lacquer finish, another oriental chest that is very old and clearly very dry
but it is not yet cracked, and chest of drawers from India covered with a
stain and. a hand carved statue made from a very heavy wood. I know not
to use Linseed oil and I don't want to use Pledge. What should I use on
these pieces. A friend told me to use "oil" on the wood pieces and wax on
the lacquer finish. Which oil and which wax should I use if these are in
fact these are the correct products to use.

Thanks,

Mike