Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Stain matters

Wed, Oct 10, 2007, 9:58pm .@. (GarageWoodworks) doth sayeth:
Instead of trying to select the perfect stain to your project, match the
wood species to your project and avoid the stain.
No more stain for this dude in High Point who is quitely wishing he
still had a Rockler in town like you! ('wipes away tear')

I've been speermenting with thinned latex as stain. Works fine, so
far, haven't tried it much yet. Custom colors too. This from a guy
who's never even been in a Rockler, and doesn't even know where there's
a Rockler, 'less there's one in Raleigh. But I've got a Lee Valley
catalog.

JOAT
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth."
"Really? Why not?"
"I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message

I've been speermenting with thinned latex as stain. Works fine, so
far, haven't tried it much yet.

Actually General Finishes has a thinned paint/stain product. Put it on with
a brush and it looks painted, wipe it off with a rag and you get a stained
appearance. Its kinda cool to have some elements of a project with an
opaque finish in the same color as the stained areas.

Custom colors too. This from a guy
who's never even been in a Rockler, and doesn't even know where there's
a Rockler, 'less there's one in Raleigh.

FYI there is one in Houston~ ;~) No help huh? LOL

But I've got a Lee Valley
catalog.

IIRC WoodCraft has General Finishes also. .