Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Lee is offline

Default Help Identify these tools... I have no idea what they are for!

Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or
what they are called? Thanks!!

http://denver.craigslist.org/clt/435079151.html

Thanks so much

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 9, 11:28 am, Lee wrote:
Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or
what they are called? Thanks!!

http://denver.craigslist.org/clt/435079151.html

Thanks so much

The second one looks like a circle marking/cutting bit used with a
brace. Haven't a clue for the first one.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Lee wrote:
Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or
what they are called? Thanks!!

The second is a circle cutter for brace and bit as somebody has said.
The first I don't recognize immediately, but it would help immeasurably
if the picture showed the working end of the tool instead of the handle.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee" wrote in message
oups.com...
| Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or
| what they are called? Thanks!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/LATH-CENTER-PIN-...KER_W0QQitemZ1
50142777796QQihZ005QQcategoryZ57121QQcmdZViewItem

woodstuff

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Lee is offline

On Oct 9, 11:17 am, "woodstuff" wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message

oups.com...
| Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or
| what they are called? Thanks!!
|http://cgi.ebay.com/LATH-CENTER-PIN-...IBE-MARKER_W0Q...
50142777796QQihZ005QQcategoryZ57121QQcmdZViewItem

woodstuff

thanks! That's what is must be, a lath center pin. any idea bout the
other one?

Posted to rec.woodworking

| thanks! That's what is must be, a lath center pin. any idea bout the
| other one?

sorry, no cloo

woodstuff

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee" wrote in message

| Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or
| what they are called? Thanks!!
|http://cgi.ebay.com/LATH-CENTER-PIN-...IBE-MARKER_W0Q...
50142777796QQihZ005QQcategoryZ57121QQcmdZViewItem

thanks! That's what is must be, a lath center pin. any idea bout the
other one?

No, that's not what it is. The square tapered end is the common
termination for a hand held brace. It looks very similar on the
working end, but the one you linked to is usually used to cut leather
and cork and such for gaskets.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee" wrote in message

| Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or
| what they are called? Thanks!!
|http://cgi.ebay.com/LATH-CENTER-PIN-...IBE-MARKER_W0Q...
50142777796QQihZ005QQcategoryZ57121QQcmdZViewItem

thanks! That's what is must be, a lath center pin. any idea bout the
other one?

No, that's not what it is. The square tapered end is the common
termination for a hand held brace. It looks very similar on the
working end, but the one you linked to is usually used to cut leather
and cork and such for gaskets.

Its a repleace able end hand shaper. The one thumbscrew in the block
held the scraper bit, and the other onthe angle provided prerssure
onthe bit to make it ridgid inplace onthe tool. It was commonly used
in manufacture of wooden double sash windows in conjunction with
planes like the Stanley 88 etc. It also was capable of holding the
same blades as the the Stanley 88 plane used, which allowed the shape
shaper / scraper bit to get in to corners etc.

You already know about the other device used in a brace.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 9, 11:50 am, wrote:
On Oct 9, 11:28 am, Lee wrote:

Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or
what they are called? Thanks!!

http://denver.craigslist.org/clt/435079151.html

Thanks so much

The second one looks like a circle marking/cutting bit used with a
brace. Haven't a clue for the first one.

Probably for thin sheet metal, such as cutting in flashing
around a pipe.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 15:28:31 -0000, Lee wrote:

Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or
what they are called? Thanks!!

The one on the right is a washer cutter, but it's mis-assembled. The two
cutters should be on the same side (otherwise they get in each others'
way). It's used to cut two circles out simultaneously, to make a ring
shaped washer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The circle cutter has been noted by many. I think the other one
is one of many versions of saw sets for bending the set into saw
blades.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Lee" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for
or
what they are called? Thanks!!

http://denver.craigslist.org/clt/435079151.html

Thanks so much

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 9, 6:08 pm, "DanG" wrote:
The circle cutter has been noted by many. I think the other one
is one of many versions of saw sets for bending the set into saw
blades.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Lee" wrote in message

oups.com...

Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for
or
what they are called? Thanks!!

http://denver.craigslist.org/clt/435079151.html

Thanks so much- Hide quoted text -

Guess again, evidently you never seen a saw set tool
before...............

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 10, 2:37 pm, eekamouse wrote:
On Oct 9, 6:08 pm, "DanG" wrote:

The circle cutter has been noted by many. I think the other one
is one of many versions of saw sets for bending the set into saw
blades.

Guess again, evidently you never seen a saw set tool

You mean he never saw a seen set tool, and which of the roughly two
hundred flavors of saw seen sets have you seen setting a saw? Oh,
sorry.............. Left out the.............