Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ooops is right!

Maybe it was only local, but apparently Rockler had about $600 worth of
merchandise advertised in an e-mail flyer yesterday for around $6.63.

They e-mailed an "ooops" this afternoon, but I'm betting someone at the
store is sweating this weekend.

No doubt someone will try to force the issue, as ridiculous as it is.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/30/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 15:13:45 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

Maybe it was only local, but apparently Rockler had about $600 worth of
merchandise advertised in an e-mail flyer yesterday for around $6.63.

They e-mailed an "ooops" this afternoon, but I'm betting someone at the
store is sweating this weekend.

No doubt someone will try to force the issue, as ridiculous as it is.

I would assume that they posted the correction in the window about the
same time as they sent out the email update. That should cover them
(at least in any state that I have lived in - don't know if other
states allow advertisement corrections that way).

Dave Hall
Posted to rec.woodworking

on 10/5/2007 4:13 PM Swingman said the following:
Maybe it was only local, but apparently Rockler had about $600 worth of
merchandise advertised in an e-mail flyer yesterday for around $6.63.

They e-mailed an "ooops" this afternoon, but I'm betting someone at the
store is sweating this weekend.

No doubt someone will try to force the issue, as ridiculous as it is.

A couple of weeks ago, BestBuy sent me an email regarding an upcoming
BestBuy ad that advertised a sale price of $1799 for a 50" Panasonic
Plasma TV. The ad was in error. The sale price was for a 42" Panasonic
Plasma TV, not the 50". They said they would NOT honor the erroneous
sale price.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

| Maybe it was only local, but apparently Rockler had about $600
| worth of merchandise advertised in an e-mail flyer yesterday for
| around $6.63.
|
| They e-mailed an "ooops" this afternoon, but I'm betting someone at
| the store is sweating this weekend.

Hmm. Does that mean they actually meant to sell $600 worth of
merchandise for $663?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 5, 6:27 pm, "Morris Dovey" wrote:
Swingman wrote:

| Maybe it was only local, but apparently Rockler had about $600
| worth of merchandise advertised in an e-mail flyer yesterday for
| around $6.63.
|
| They e-mailed an "ooops" this afternoon, but I'm betting someone at
| the store is sweating this weekend.

Hmm. Does that mean they actually meant to sell $600 worth of
merchandise for $663?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Not as big a bargain, but a few years back a local hardware store
mixed up the prices on 2 models of wheel barrels. When I went to pay
for the better one at the lower price, they almost balked but
eventually gave in. While the manager was ringing me up, the assistant
manager was changing the price signs, right in front of a couple who
was looking at the wheel barrel display. I left before fireworks
started.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

[...]

What, pray tell, is a "wheel barrel"?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
DerbyDad03 wrote:

What, pray tell, is a "wheel barrel"?

Must be a wheelbarrow made out of recycled barrels.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 15:13:45 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

Maybe it was only local, but apparently Rockler had about $600 worth of
merchandise advertised in an e-mail flyer yesterday for around $6.63.

They e-mailed an "ooops" this afternoon, but I'm betting someone at the
store is sweating this weekend.

No doubt someone will try to force the issue, as ridiculous as it is.

Most flyers and catalogs that I see have some kind of disclaimer for errors and
typos...

I do a web site for a party supply place in Houston and they have honored some
pricing errors for the "good will" factor, but not as big a "gap" as your
Rockler ad..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 04:11:24 -0400, "J. Clarke" wrote:

snip

Not as big a bargain, but a few years back a local hardware store
mixed up the prices on 2 models of wheel barrels. When I went to pay
for the better one at the lower price, they almost balked but
eventually gave in. While the manager was ringing me up, the
assistant
manager was changing the price signs, right in front of a couple who
was looking at the wheel barrel display. I left before fireworks
started.

What, pray tell, is a "wheel barrel"?

Wood planter on castors??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Ooops, locked myself out! Stewart UK diy 16 September 4th 06 09:25 AM
OOOPS!!! Gunner Metalworking 9 March 21st 06 06:50 AM
big OOOPS hex Woodworking 10 March 19th 05 03:37 AM
ooops Mike Woodworking 12 February 4th 05 10:28 PM
Ooops jim rozen Metalworking 10 November 29th 03 12:28 AM