Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kitchen Drawers

"Earl Creel" wrote
Like your maple drawers Swingman.

Thank you!

I am just finishing up 17 maple drawer
boxes for a contractor friend of mine. I furnish the maple and build

the
boxes, he supplies the drawer fronts, hardware, finish etc. and does the
installation. I charge him $15 per drawer.

Interesting site you may want to check out, Earl:

http://www.udb.cc/CustomDrawerQuoteForm.aspx

Put your drawer box spec's in and get an instant quote.

Not counting shipping/etc. my latest project came out to $960+. Not that far
off from my estimate, although I have no idea of the quality.

Might want to see how yours fare.

FWIW ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/30/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks for the link. I wonder how much business they get off the internet.
I plugged in one of my average sized drawers and it priced at $42. Looks
like in at least some markets my drawers should bring two to three times
what I am getting. However, around here I think the demand for $42 dollar
drawers would be very low. When I furnish the hardware I like to use the
Blum Tandem slides but few are willing to pay that much. Pine or plywood
drawer boxes with cheap side mounted 3/4 extension slides are a much easier
sell.
Earl Creel

"Swingman" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Earl Creel" wrote

Thanks for the link. I wonder how much business they get off the

internet.
I plugged in one of my average sized drawers and it priced at $42. Looks
like in at least some markets my drawers should bring two to three times
what I am getting.

The unknown quantity on this website is "quality".

My bet is that your drawers, from the way you speak, would probably bring
more than $42/each around here.

However, around here I think the demand for $42 dollar
drawers would be very low. When I furnish the hardware I like to use the
Blum Tandem slides but few are willing to pay that much. Pine or plywood
drawer boxes with cheap side mounted 3/4 extension slides are a much

easier
sell.

There's a philosophy amongst home builders that folks will only pay for what
they can see.

If they can't see the quality or, what is more likely these days, wouldn't
know quality if it bit them on the butt, they won't pay for it.

And, in the designer/kitchen industry business, with their monthly glossy
magazines, it is in their best interest to insure that kitchen components
don't last too long.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/30/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
..

And, in the designer/kitchen industry business, with their monthly glossy
magazines, it is in their best interest to insure that kitchen components
don't last too long.

No kidding, Most prefab kitchens have a life expectancy of 15-20 years. My
19 year old kitchen that I built still looks better than the original prefab
kitchen did at 8 years.

Kitchen Drawers Swingman Woodworking 13 October 3rd 07 05:00 AM
Kitchen Drawers Swingman Woodworking 2 October 2nd 07 11:44 AM
Kitchen Drawers Swingman Woodworking Plans and Photos 2 October 2nd 07 11:44 AM
Kitchen Cab drawers Wyatt Woodworking 3 February 15th 05 06:30 PM
Kitchen drawers 100Grit Woodworking 2 January 26th 05 12:36 AM