Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Need/Want A Laptop Desk

Lately I've been doing a greatly increased batch of googling;
printing out a load of pages. I don't really care to do this work at a
table, low, and not angled. So figure a laptop desk will be the answer.
Decided I don't really need, or really want, a conventional type of
laptop desk.
http://www.thetrunkshoppe.com/lapdesks.html
So, started googling. Ran across this, comtemplated it, and even faster
uncontemplated it.
http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkonther...es/lapdawg.jpg
Decided something along these lies will be the way to go. Minus the
fancy, and minus the drawer. I'll use plywood, all glue fastening, and
mak it high enough, and with the top angled at an angle yet to be
determined. I may make an "arm" on each side that will go on each side
of me, so I can rest my arms on them. Either way, this will cover my
needs nicely.
http://www.galleryfurnituredirect.co...es/lapdesk.jpg No, there
won't be any plan. Just take a few measurements, cut, glue. I'll use
glue block, and a couple of braces, under the top. Yes, it'll be plenty
strong enough; I did a stand to hold craft supplies the same way, that's
about 3' tall, and it's held up great.

Sometimes I plan all of these things out in my head, then make it;
other times I've just got an idea of what I want, and just start making
it. One will look like I thought; one will sometimes surprise me - like
my saw stand. Either way, works for me.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote in
:

I will add my laptop desk, it is an oversize TV tray in style. Made
for her laptop computer.

http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/Laptop/index.html

Mark

I'll add mine, it's only for easy chairs though: My lap.

For "normal, everyday use" I use a standard desk.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
(J T) wrote:

[...]

FWW a few years ago had plans based on Tom Jefferson's (custom) lap-top
desk. Very nice

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 05:33:49 -0700, Ralph E Lindberg
wrote:

FWW a few years ago had plans based on Tom Jefferson's (custom) lap-top
desk. Very nice

I bought that back issue and have that desk on my list of projects to
do one day.

--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

New Laptop Technology You Need To Know (Before Buying Your Next Laptop) Sophi Electronics Repair 0 April 5th 07 01:35 PM
Floppy Drive from one Laptop into Another Laptop Brad Electronics Repair 6 September 15th 06 11:51 AM
desk Tim Taylor Woodworking 9 August 10th 06 01:54 AM
LAP DESK J T Woodworking 1 March 2nd 05 06:48 PM
Lap Desk Gerald Ross Woodworking 0 August 30th 04 05:45 PM