Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default OF - Bambike

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005...build_your.php

That's someone's silly way of saying bamboo bike. This is
off-topic by the way, because bamboo is a grass, not wood. I didn't
check this to see if it actually tells how to make a bamboo bike or not.
If, I say IF, I wanted to make something like this, I'd split some
bamboo and just slip it over the bike frame. But I' don't ever see
myself doing anything like that.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005...build_your.php

That's someone's silly way of saying bamboo bike.

6-7 years ago, high-end framebuilder Calfee did this on a whim, and it
kind of caught on:

http://www.calfeedesign.com/bamboo.htm

You can actually buy it. One of the options is hemp frame lugs. G
Posted to rec.woodworking

That's someone's silly way of saying bamboo bike. This is
off-topic by the way, because bamboo is a grass, not wood. I didn't
check this to see if it actually tells how to make a bamboo bike or not.
If, I say IF, I wanted to make something like this, I'd split some
bamboo and just slip it over the bike frame. But I' don't ever see
myself doing anything like that.

Right next door to my shop is the local bike shop's assembly and storage
area. Probablh 2000+ Cannondale, Trek, specialized and other higher-end
bikes... About a month ago, they assembled a Bamboo bike for a customer.
Something like $8,000 out the door.

I can think of lots of things to do with $8000 that are better... But
that's my personal context.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
[...]

Joe,
Maybe one of these:
http://www.calfeedesign.com/bamboo.htm
About $3,000 for the frame alone. With hemp fiber seat cluster! Also not
wood, sorry.
Kerry

Posted to rec.woodworking

Maybe one of these:
http://www.calfeedesign.com/bamboo.htm
About $3,000 for the frame alone. With hemp fiber seat cluster! Also not
wood, sorry.

Define wood... Are not trees just really tall, overgrown grassy-things?
grin

Oh... Bike looks similar, but I wouldn't have a clue to be honest.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244