Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default GIZZIE

http://www.runnerduck.com/gizzie

I'm not very certain I'd like to make one of these and then give it
to a kid The sun shining thru looks like it's looking for something to
set on fire. Personally, I think I'd either pass on this one; or make
one, use it once, then dismantle it. I've got a glass ball that sits on
a little battery powered stand that projecs colored light thru the ball
and on to the ceiling. Neat, but the instructions very specifically
state not to set it where sunlight will ever shine on it, because it
could start a fire. I can just see a kid playing with one of these
gizmos in the sun, then setting it in the shade when he/she got tired of
it, then the sun later shine on it. No thanks.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan