Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Swirleys

No, not the swirleys that were executed in the High School boys room
by the bullies du jour, but the marks left on wood from sandpaper..

I usually am fanatical in my sanding through the grit range and I'm
using two well respected sanders, PC333VS and Festool FEQ125. But
still, even after 220 I can shine the light on cherry and walnut and
still see the damn swirley things. So, technique or tool? Which is it?
I hear lots of guys say they sand down to 180 and then apply
oil/stain/shellac/ whatever. No way I could ever do that with the
un-smoothness of my boards. So, anyone have some suggestions or ideas
or whatever it is that may help me in getting my sanding done
efficiently and acceptably??

ROY!