Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Illusionist

Did any of you see the movie?
If so, surely the locket in there would have gotten your attention.

Any ideas how one like that 'wood' be made?

--
Kate
______

The shortest distance between two points,
can be a lot more fun in a Jeep!

Posted to rec.woodworking

I am a bit confused. Why do you say it would be
impossible to make ?
Puff

"Sam Soltan" samsoltan_48323atyahoodotcom wrote
in message
. ..
I did an analysis of the movie and as shown it is
an impossible locket to make.

Please see the attached pix.

"Kate" wrote in message
Did any of you see the movie?
If so, surely the locket in there would have
gotten your attention.

Any ideas how one like that 'wood' be made?

--
Kate
______
/l ,[____],
l-L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--)_)

The shortest distance between two points,
can be a lot more fun in a Jeep!

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Charley" wrote:
Don't post photos in this newsgroup.

Don't worry about it -- you can't, even if you try. News servers strip
attachments from posts in non-binary groups.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 12, 11:56 am, "Kate" wrote:
Did any of you see the movie?
If so, surely the locket in there would have gotten your attention.

Any ideas how one like that 'wood' be made?

You can't build a usable one exactly as shown in the movie. They used
two different props: one that rotates and one that slides open.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On a more positive note, you should be able to create something
similar:
instead of having the heart slide open in one piece, use two hinges so
that both halves of the heart slide open separately. You can then put
another hinge in to join the two pieces. Of course when you put a
photo in there it will be all torn up ;-)

Here's a clip of that locket :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SykzBEgaKK4

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0nOp39btu4
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve" wrote in message
47...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0nOp39btu4

One of the links on this video's page is another one showing how to build
it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3jwV...elated&search=

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
In article , "Charley"

wrote:
Don't post photos in this newsgroup.

Don't worry about it -- you can't, even if you try. News servers strip
attachments from posts in non-binary groups.

I saw all the attachments, and I wasn't trying.

B.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Who would have thought?

Well here are some sketches for an all-wood construction :
http://cranitorium.com/aneurysm/inde...20&Itemi d=50

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks Guys!
I might have a go at it sometime after I get finished with this house!

--
Kate
______

The shortest distance between two points,
can be a lot more fun in a Jeep!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Kate" writes:

Thanks Guys!
I might have a go at it sometime after I get finished with this house!

I'd skip all that fancy stuff, and just use small supermagnets to hold the pieces together.