Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Plastic wheels for wood toys?

I've made a number of wood toys for my daughter (well, about 20 years
ago) using wood wheels and axle pins. Lately, I bought my one-year-
old granddaughter a set of three toy vehicles that use plastic
wheels. Does anyone know of a source for such items? It would seem
to me that properly painted wood toys with brightly colored plastic
wheels would be just the thing for a little one of that age. Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 11, 1:56 pm, 1940lasalle wrote:
I've made a number of wood toys for my daughter (well, about 20 years
ago) using wood wheels and axle pins. Lately, I bought my one-year-
old granddaughter a set of three toy vehicles that use plastic
wheels. Does anyone know of a source for such items? It would seem
to me that properly painted wood toys with brightly colored plastic
wheels would be just the thing for a little one of that age. Thanks.

If you look down the hardware aisle at home depot, you can find some
plastic wheels. They are made for the tops of screen doors... but they
are in the hardware repair area, not the door aisle.

They also had some plastic rollers with ball bearings in them for the
bottoms of patio doors.

Hope that helped.

----------------------------------
www.tawny-kitaen.com
www.flavor-flav.tk
www.basement-flooded.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

1940lasalle wrote in news:1186854981.090270.41830
@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

I've made a number of wood toys for my daughter (well, about 20 years
ago) using wood wheels and axle pins. Lately, I bought my one-year-
old granddaughter a set of three toy vehicles that use plastic
wheels. Does anyone know of a source for such items? It would seem
to me that properly painted wood toys with brightly colored plastic
wheels would be just the thing for a little one of that age. Thanks.

You might want to check at hobby shops and craft stores. (Look in the
yellow pages under "hobby shop.") You may find exactly what you're
looking for.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

1940lasalle wrote:
I've made a number of wood toys for my daughter (well, about 20 years
ago) using wood wheels and axle pins. Lately, I bought my one-year-
old granddaughter a set of three toy vehicles that use plastic
wheels. Does anyone know of a source for such items? It would seem
to me that properly painted wood toys with brightly colored plastic
wheels would be just the thing for a little one of that age. Thanks.

Not plastic, but this mob have pre-painted wooden wheels

http://www.craftparts.com/mall/page38.asp

regards
John