Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default OT - Religious Humor

My 80 something year old mother sent this one to me, and she's not
even Catholic.

A new priest, born and raised in Texas, is nervous about
hearing**confessions, so he asks the older priest to sit in on his
sessions.
*
The new priest hears a couple of confessions, then the old priest asks
*him to step out of the confessional for a few suggestions. *

The old priest suggests, "Cross your arms over your chest, and rub your
*chin with one hand and try saying things like 'yes, I see,' and 'yes,
go
*on,' and 'I understand.'"
*
The new priest crosses his arms, rubs his chin with one hand and repeats
*all the suggested remarks to the old priest. *

The old priest says, "Now, don't you think that's a little better than
*slapping your knee and saying, "No ****...what happened next?" *

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 5, 12:11 am, (J T) wrote:
My 80 something year old mother sent this one to me, and she's not
even Catholic.

A new priest, born and raised in Texas, is nervous about
hearing confessions, so he asks the older priest to sit in on his
sessions.

The new priest hears a couple of confessions, then the old priest asks
him to step out of the confessional for a few suggestions.

The old priest suggests, "Cross your arms over your chest, and rub your
chin with one hand and try saying things like 'yes, I see,' and 'yes,
go
on,' and 'I understand.'"

The new priest crosses his arms, rubs his chin with one hand and repeats
all the suggested remarks to the old priest.

The old priest says, "Now, don't you think that's a little better than
slapping your knee and saying, "No ****...what happened next?"

Not new, though. I first heard that, I think, from a girlfriend who
was Catholic...in fact her oldest brother was a priest. Army chaplain,
IIRC.

And that was one helluva long time ago. I was about 23-24 then, not
quite pre-Colombian, but close.

It's still funny.

OT Humor: A Little Senior Humor jo4hn Woodworking 3 November 13th 05 01:31 AM
Religious Posts Upscale Woodworking 30 July 16th 05 03:14 PM
A bit of humor Harold & Susan Vordos Metalworking 2 December 11th 04 03:49 PM
OT - In Defense of Religious Marriage Cliff Huprich Metalworking 50 March 7th 04 03:59 AM