Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where do I post stuf to sell?

I have some XS woodworking equipment I'd like to sell but don't want to post
it here. Other than Ebay are there any specific woodworking swap/sell
groups around?

Thanks,

Tom in Howell, NJ

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Teejay" wrote in
:

I have some XS woodworking equipment I'd like to sell but don't want
to post it here. Other than Ebay are there any specific woodworking
swap/sell groups around?

Thanks,

Tom in Howell, NJ

Tom

Look at http://www.sawmillcreek.org, http://www.woodcentral.com/, and
http://www.forums.woodnet.net/. All have classifieds for members with a
simple registration. BUT before you post there, what do you have for sale?
Please respond to usenet(at)simoogle(dot)com

Thanks

Jerry (in Central NJ)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Others have posted their stuff here, and it's definately "woodworking"
related, so maybe one of us will want something who wouldn't see it listed
elsewhere (like me). Keep it short with no pictures)

Charley

"Teejay" wrote in message
I have some XS woodworking equipment I'd like to sell but don't want to

post
it here. Other than Ebay are there any specific woodworking swap/sell
groups around?

Thanks,

Tom in Howell, NJ

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Teejay" wrote in message

I have some XS woodworking equipment I'd like to sell but don't want to
post it here. Other than Ebay are there any specific woodworking swap/sell
groups around?

Tom in Howell, NJ

Around here it has always been acceptable/customary to put "FS" at the
beginning of the subject line and post away with text only ... as his
assistant chief virtual moderator, you hereby have JOAT's permission.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

Around here it has always been acceptable/customary to put "FS" at the
beginning of the subject line and post away with text only ... as his
assistant chief virtual moderator, you hereby have JOAT's permission.

Since I'm in the process of trying to sell my boat project, will gladly
accept any help I can get.

Would appreciate it very much if those of you with web sites would
considering adding a link to my web site.

http://LewsSailBoat.googlepages.com/home

Thank you.

BTW, woodworking content. Ever look at the inside of a cruising sail boat?

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Since I'm in the process of trying to sell my boat project, will gladly
accept any help I can get.

Would appreciate it very much if those of you with web sites would
considering adding a link to my web site.

http://LewsSailBoat.googlepages.com/home

Thank you.

Done ... posted on the "front door". Check it out and let me know when/if
it outlives its usefulness:

.... and Merci Beaucoup, once again, for the electrical help/advice a few
years back!!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

Done ... posted on the "front door". Check it out and let me know
when/if it outlives its usefulness:

... and Merci Beaucoup, once again, for the electrical help/advice a few
years back!!

Many thanks.

Now all that remains is to find a young stud with more money than
brains, who wants to accept a "Challenge".

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Now all that remains is to find a young stud with more money than brains,
who wants to accept a "Challenge".

Now, Lew ... you ain't going anywhere with that attitude, bubba!

Think "girls gone wild wooddorker" ...

Get out that camera, find/hire a couple of hotties in thong bikini's, and
have them posing/working all over that boat, then post those pictures on
your page ... you'll have fun, and you can't lose, even it you do.

Let me know if your heart can't stand it ... I may be available.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Now all that remains is to find a young stud with more money than
brains, who wants to accept a "Challenge".

Now, Lew ... you ain't going anywhere with that attitude, bubba!

Think "girls gone wild wooddorker" ...

Get out that camera, find/hire a couple of hotties in thong bikini's,
and have them posing/working all over that boat, then post those
pictures on your page ... you'll have fun, and you can't lose, even
it you do.
Let me know if your heart can't stand it ... I may be available.

You laugh. Fellow locally posted a forsale:

"Hot tub. Comfortably fits one male and four females."

Sold it in two hours.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Just thought it was not proper etiquette to try and sell stuff here. A few
other groups I read strictly prohibit it. I'll post a list tomorrow.

Tom in Howell, NJ

"J T" wrote in message
Fri, Jul 20, 2007, 8:31pm: (Teejay) doth proclaim:
I have some XS woodworking equipment I'd like to sell but don't want to
post it here. snip

And you don't want anyone here to have a chance to buy some of
these woodworking tools, why?

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

Now, Lew ... you ain't going anywhere with that attitude, bubba!

Think "girls gone wild wooddorker" ...

Your parody of "Girls gone wild" reminds me of the guy who said, "Girls
have tits, women have breasts and breasts need attention."

"Challenge" definitely needs attention.

lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Since I'm in the process of trying to sell my boat project, will gladly
accept any help I can get.

Would appreciate it very much if those of you with web sites would
considering adding a link to my web site.

http://LewsSailBoat.googlepages.com/home

Thank you.

BTW, woodworking content. Ever look at the inside of a cruising sail boat?

Lew

Lew, I did that. But what the heck kind of boat IS it? I just called it
a yacht (bigger than a rowboat with a flushing toilet).

http://nmwoodworks.com/FellowArtisans.html

Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000758-3, 07/22/2007
Tested on: 7/21/2007 11:52:09 PM

Posted to rec.woodworking

BillinDetroit wrote:

Lew, I did that. But what the heck kind of boat IS it? I just called it
a yacht (bigger than a rowboat with a flushing toilet).

I'm not quite sure I understand the question.

It's a little big for the Detroit River or Lake St Clair.

It is a live aboard sailing yacht capable of going any place you want it
to take you.

Does that help?

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

It is a live aboard sailing yacht capable of going any place you want it
to take you.

Does that help?

Lew

I think your ambitions run to deeper water than mine. I like to canoe
the Crosswinds marsh down near Monroe. Max depth ~20 feet, mostly 3 ft.

And the canoe livery is free. ;-)

Bill

--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000758-3, 07/22/2007
Tested on: 7/22/2007 2:05:51 PM

Posted to rec.woodworking

BillinDetroit wrote:

I think your ambitions run to deeper water than mine. I like to canoe
the Crosswinds marsh down near Monroe. Max depth ~20 feet, mostly 3 ft.

Being a native Buckeye who spent several years sailing the waters of
Lake Erie, am familiar with the area, including the cooling tower at Monroe.

Have made the trek up the rivers and Lake St Clair to get to the North
Channel and the Georgian Bay more than once.

It's what made me want to get a bigger boat.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Being a native Buckeye who spent several years sailing the waters of
Lake Erie, am familiar with the area, including the cooling tower at
Monroe.

Have made the trek up the rivers and Lake St Clair to get to the North
Channel and the Georgian Bay more than once.

It's what made me want to get a bigger boat.

Lew

When they expanded Metro Airport they chewed through some marshland.
They had to replace it with new marshland at the ratio of 1.5:1.
Crosswinds marsh has 3 Bald Eagles and is shallow enough that even the
most skittish feel comfortable with it.

My canoe has no business where your yacht goes and your yacht is useless
where I want to go.

Different strokes ... but I like the quiet that goes with canoing.

Ahem ... however, I DID link back to your site from mine.

Bill

--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000758-3, 07/22/2007
Tested on: 7/22/2007 3:34:00 PM

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 21, 9:15 pm, (J T) wrote:
Sat, Jul 21, 2007, 7:29pm (EDT-1) (HeyBub) doth
sayeth:
You laugh. Fellow locally posted a forsale:
"Hot tub. Comfortably fits one male and four females."
Sold it in two hours.

Reminds me of a blurb I read years back, about a guy who claimed he
sailed across the Pacific, with a girl crew. I think four girls, and.
supposedly, once they left sight of land, none of them bothered with
bathing suits even. My vote would be for fiction, rather than fact.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Think of the sunburn!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 22, 2:05 pm, BillinDetroit wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
It is a live aboard sailing yacht capable of going any place you want it
to take you.

Does that help?

Lew

I think your ambitions run to deeper water than mine. I like to canoe
the Crosswinds marsh down near Monroe. Max depth ~20 feet, mostly 3 ft.

And the canoe livery is free. ;-)

Bill

--
I'm not not at the above address.http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000758-3, 07/22/2007
Tested on: 7/22/2007 2:05:51 PM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.http://www.avast.com

Oh, I dunno. Last week, I turned down (gently) an assignment to shoot
antique powerboats from the water. Just the thought of dipping the
camera gear was enough...old mechanical cameras dried pretty well if
rinsed in distilled water, but these digital SLRs do not do wet. Too,
these days, if I'm on water, I prefer a vessel the size of, say, the
Titanic, but without ice bergs.

Posted to rec.woodworking

BillinDetroit wrote:

Ahem ... however, I DID link back to your site from mine.

Thank You.

Lew