Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyone still making tongue & groove planes?

Hi,

is anyone still making tongue and groove planes?

Thanks

Alex

Posted to rec.woodworking

alex wrote:

Hi,

is anyone still making tongue and groove planes?

Thanks

Alex

Your best bet may be Clark and Williams at www.planemaker.com.

Tongue and groove planes comes under the heading of "Custom Planes
Clark & Williams planes are produced one-at-a-time. For that reason,
custom planes or even changes from those listed are possible. It would
be difficult to list all the possible bench and molding planes but
many can be provided by Clark & Williams.

Good luck.

Another Alex
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 10, 2:02 pm, alex wrote:
Hi,

is anyone still making tongue and groove planes?

Any reason that you're asking for a new one? Old ones such as the
Stanley 48 and 49 and Union 41 are all over eBay for low prices.
http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan7.htm#num48 You could also go
with the matched set, funnily enough called match planes, or wood
bodied T&G planes. Again, eBay is your friend.

If you've gotta have new, you can be a beta tester for Steve Knight -
providing you have some deep pockets. I mean seriously deep.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/speciality.htm#tongue

Posted to rec.woodworking

is anyone still making tongue and groove planes?

You might email Steve Knight - I know he's got some new equipment
(CNC) and I think he's working on some new designs. Is there a reason
you don't want to check eBay, flea markets, antique stores, etc. for
old ones?
Good luck,
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

If you've gotta have new, you can be a beta tester for Steve Knight -
providing you have some deep pockets. I mean seriously deep.http://www.knight-toolworks.com/speciality.htm#tongue

Oops - I guess I should have checked Steve's website before guessing
that T&G would be a new design for him. I bet if you asked really
nice, he'd let you have a tester for less than the $2 million list
price. Ha - for that price, I'm envisioning a solid gold plane body,
with an ivory handle and a diamond-tipped blade that never gets dull.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 10, 2:02 pm, alex wrote:
Hi,

is anyone still making tongue and groove planes?

Any reason that you're asking for a new one? [...], eBay is your friend.

I second that. A year ago I needed a rebate plane for my restoration work.
Not a tiny little cabinet maker's rebate plane but a two handed joiners tool
and I found one only available new for over 200 quid (!). Ebay, ebay, and
for 30 quid I have two beautiful rebate planes, antiques and a joy to use
and own.

You can accidentally buy crap of course, you can't always tell from the
picture and the bloke selling it often doesn't know much. I don't know where
you are but there is always interesting stuff he

http://listings.ebay.co.uk/aw/listin...eName=ME:F:CAT

and most sellers will post worldwide.

Tim w

Posted to rec.woodworking

"alex" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

is anyone still making tongue and groove planes?

Goggle Todd Herli....he makes planes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi,

I've bought a few T&G wooden planes from EBay and haven't been too
thrilled with what I got. So I was hoping to buy a new one.

I guess it's back to ebay for me.

Alex

http://listings.ebay.co.uk/aw/listin...70/index.html?...

tongue and groove flooring Neil UK diy 0 September 4th 05 08:10 PM
Tongue and Groove Ceilings Glenna Rose Woodworking 1 January 15th 05 06:30 PM
Tongue and Groove Ceilings [email protected] Woodworking 5 January 14th 05 01:51 AM
Tongue and Groove ceilings [email protected] Home Ownership 2 January 13th 05 03:48 PM
MDF Tongue and Groove Matching Martin UK diy 10 September 19th 03 09:58 AM