LRT

Default ISO Kitchen cabinet designs, plans

We're putting in a new kitchen and after getting quotes north of $6K for
the cabinets, I've convinced the boss that I can make 'em just as good
for a third of the cost. So ... now that I've shot off my mouth, I'm
looking for a decent set of plans for base and wall cabinets, with
exploded view if possible. Any ideas?

Swingman

You can get design ideas aplenty by visiting any BORG or home center's
kitchen show rooms ... they'll even draw up some basic plans for you free
.... as long as you don't tell them your building you own. Don't scoff at
this because their software and printed out plans can be very helpful
getting your own plans set firmly.

Then build the boxes according to established cabinet building methods from
guys like John Paquay:

http://home.insightbb.com/~jpaquay/shop.html

John's little book is geared to the construction of the basic wall and base
cabinet. You can change the dimensions to suit your design, space and needs,
but the basic building block is the base and wall cabinet, and John's method
is first rate

Once you get the boxes built to fit your space and installed, the doors,
drawers and drawer fronts, trim, and add-ins will lend themselves to lots
more ideas.

I've been through it all ... holler if you have any more questions.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/24/03

"LRT" wrote in message
We're putting in a new kitchen and after getting quotes north of $6K for
the cabinets, I've convinced the boss that I can make 'em just as good
for a third of the cost. So ... now that I've shot off my mouth, I'm
looking for a decent set of plans for base and wall cabinets, with
exploded view if possible. Any ideas?

Kitchen Cabinet Quality Differences Lamb UK diy 12 January 28th 04 10:17 AM
Kitchen Cabinet + Downlights Wiring ANt UK diy 7 January 3rd 04 09:30 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM
Screwfix kitchen cabinet doors Rob Griffiths UK diy 4 August 22nd 03 11:59 AM