Posted to rec.woodworking

Default minor gloat

My main living is working as one half of a duo working the pubs & clubs
around the UK.

Last night when we got to the pub we were playing at, 70 odd miles away, we
found they were in the middle of a refurb. One of the two bars was
completely closed, but through the window I could see a small mountain of
timber.

When I was talking to the landlord during the evening, he said there was
quite a few offcuts of timber if I wanted them.

They were pieces of Ash 19.5" wide and up to 36" long, 2" thick. all told
about a dozen of them.

The floor of the Estate (Volvo) was 6" thick on the way home, I only just
managed to get the gear in as well.

Oh yeah, they're doing the other bar up next month and the landlord said
he'd keep the offcuts from that one for me as well.

Thinks (now what can I make with slabs of Ash?)

Micky

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nothing minor about that gloat! With the price of lumber around here, I'd
call it a major score!! Way to keep your head in the ballgame.

--

Best Regards, Phil
Living In The Woods Of Beautiful Bonney Lake, Washington

Micky wrote:
snip
When I was talking to the landlord during the evening, he said there was
quite a few offcuts of timber if I wanted them.

They were pieces of Ash 19.5" wide and up to 36" long, 2" thick. all told
about a dozen of them.

snip

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On Jun 11, 12:16 pm, "Micky" wrote:
[...]

I'd say just working the pubs and clubs of the UK is a bit of a gloat
in itself. Add the free lumber? You suck! Tom

minor gloat and what to do with it? Frank Boettcher Woodworking 8 April 1st 07 01:42 AM
Minor Gloat Steve B Home Repair 1 March 20th 07 01:28 AM
Minor gloat J. Clarke Woodworking 1 December 20th 06 02:23 PM
Minor gloat B.B. Metalworking 2 November 14th 05 04:28 PM
minor gloat Gotcha Woodworking 0 November 7th 04 11:55 PM